• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clearinghouse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rebecca77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

If you come into a large sum of money ( millions ) by selling some land, do you get your money right away or does it sit in a clearinghouse I guess you call it, then you get the money after a certain time. Someone told me after 911, the government set this up. Is there even such a thing like this? Thanks

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

If you come into a large sum of money ( millions ) by selling some land, do you get your money right away or does it sit in a clearinghouse I guess you call it, then you get the money after a certain time. Someone told me after 911, the government set this up. Is there even such a thing like this? Thanks
No, if you sell property the money does not go into any kind of clearinghouse. You walk away from the closing table with a check in your pocket.

Now...if you inherit money its possible that the estate may need to go through probate, and that can take a few months, or it might take a few weeks to receive an insurance payout, but again no, there is no clearinghouse where money has to be held.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">