• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prevailing wage, fringe benefits, worker misclassification.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

racinmason001

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I worked for a landscaping company back in march to the middle of april earning about 231 hours that I have only been paid the straight wage for so far. The 1st 2+ weeks on the job I built a CMU wall, I was told by the guy in charge that I was going to be classified as a landscape laborer but if I'm not mistaken I was performing the scope of a Journeyman Blocklayer (my regular trade btw.) I have notified the company owner but I have yet to recieve a response to my email about the worker misclassification issue.
I worked the rest of this time doing many jobs but I am accepting the landscape laborer classification, my problem is I haven't recieved any fringe benefit pay yet and I quit working this job 4-19-13. Is there a timeframe an employer has to pay fringe benefits to an employee after said employee quits? I should mention that this employer has a deal setup where he deposits our benefits to this company called contractors choice then they deposit our benefits onto a debit card. I guess this is called a bona fide 3rd party plan? I have heard rumors that this employer is going to pay us a partial fringe payment then we will get the rest of our bennys when the job is complete, is that even legal? Doesn't he have to setup a written contract/ agreement with us employees before any type of diversion to our fringe happens? I am so frustrated with this guy I don't know what to do. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

racinmason001

Because it was a federally funded prevailing wage job. You don't have to be union to get these jobs you know. I feel I am owed this money because the federal government says I am.

justalayman

I must be searching for help in the wrong place if you guys don't know this petty info I've given you.
Well, I happen to know exactly what you need to do but since you got pissy because I asked why you used the term "prevailing wage" so I was certain you actually were working on a prevailing wage job, you can find help elsewhere.

racinmason001

Listen guy I said straight wage read again man. I know my rate I've been a journeyman for 12+ years. I gave you Davis Bacon Act rates before fringe homie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">