• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prevailing wage, fringe benefits, worker misclassification.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

Listen guy I said straight wage read again man. I know my rate I've been a journeyman for 12+ years. I gave you Davis Bacon Act rates before fringe homie.
What don't you understand: the wage and bend package is what is important. The hourly scale is only part of the required pay. If you weren't getting a total pay package very close to what I said, you were getting ripped off even more.

quincy

Listen guy I said straight wage read again man. I know my rate I've been a journeyman for 12+ years. I gave you Davis Bacon Act rates before fringe homie.
Listen, guy. The average rate of pay for an attorney in the U.S. is $300 per hour. An attorney might put up with your verbal abuse if he is paid well enough. Here we do not get paid.

The volunteers on this site are bright and will generally have the answers a poster seeks, if the poster provides enough information. The volunteers on this site take time out of their day to provide these answers to those who respect their knowledge. Those who show no respect to the volunteers should make a quick check of their bank accounts and check out a lawyer directory and then pay for legal assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:

eerelations

I really don't understand people who get all abusive just because an expert here asks for clarification. The only reason we do that is so that we can provide the most accurate and relevant information - and yet this is a reason to get pissy? This really doesn't make any sense...

davew128

I really don't understand people who get all abusive just because an expert here asks for clarification. The only reason we do that is so that we can provide the most accurate and relevant information - and yet this is a reason to get pissy? This really doesn't make any sense...
I deal with this same issue at home all the time. I tend to chalk it up to female hormones. ;)

OHRoadwarrior

I deal with this same issue at home all the time. I tend to chalk it up to female hormones. ;)
Its still your fault because you are not sensitive enough to interpret properly. If you were involved in any way, it is your fault. If you were not involved at all, you should have been, so it is still your fault. If you said Yes and something goes wrong, it is your fault. If saying no under the same circumstance would have created an issue, it is still your fault because you made the decision. If you refuse to make a decision, regardless if it is to avoid being wrong and something goes wrong, it is your fault for not getting involved.

Last edited:

racinmason001

I'm not sure if I have taken this in the right direction but I have contacted the owners reps, DIR, public works dept of the labor commissioner. Anybody else I should call? I'm not in the bricklayers union so I don't see any reason to contact them. Sorry to all of you I got "pissy" with. Yes chalk it up to female hormones :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">