• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be Evicted for delinquent minor?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1zzy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My son is under 14 and recently got into some legal trouble and is facing serious charges (non-violent, non drug related). These alleged crimes did not occur on the property that we are renting from. My Landlord however found out and called asking all kinds of questions and wants to know what the disposition will be. Although he denied implying that we could be evicted my question is:
Can we be evicted and how much information is he entitled to?

( and yes, I've already started looking for a new place to live)

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

My son is under 14 and recently got into some legal trouble and is facing serious charges (non-violent, non drug related). These alleged crimes did not occur on the property that we are renting from. My Landlord however found out and called asking all kinds of questions and wants to know what the disposition will be. Although he denied implying that we could be evicted my question is:
Can we be evicted and how much information is he entitled to?

( and yes, I've already started looking for a new place to live)
Is this charge equated to a felony for an adult?

1zzy

Do you live in subsidized housing? Or does your lease prohibit felons?
No subsidized housing, however in the lease it states that anyone convicted of a crime which endangers the health and welfare of other tenants, which lists but is "not limited to " the example crimes listed. The felonies being charged could certainly be interpreted that way. So, I will be looking for a new place...in the meantime is there anything I can say or do ?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No subsidized housing, however in the lease it states that anyone convicted of a crime which endangers the health and welfare of other tenants, which lists but is "not limited to " the example crimes listed. The felonies being charged could certainly be interpreted that way. So, I will be looking for a new place...in the meantime is there anything I can say or do ?
Not really. Because you can be evicted due to your son's actions.

1zzy

Not really. Because you can be evicted due to your son's actions.
Thanks, but I have one more question. My son is on house arrest. Having to move or having to stay with friends/relatives could make things very complicated. Could this be used to stay at the house or a good reason to request he be taken off the house arrest? Not sure how we are to find anything if one of us (parents) has to stay here with him 24/7 ?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thanks, but I have one more question. My son is on house arrest. Having to move or having to stay with friends/relatives could make things very complicated. Could this be used to stay at the house or a good reason to request he be taken off the house arrest? Not sure how we are to find anything if one of us (parents) has to stay here with him 24/7 ?
Not a good reason to be taken off house arrest and the landlord doesn't have to allow you there. Does your son have a GPS bracelet? It might be a good question to ask his attorney or his probation officer.

1zzy

Not a good reason to be taken off house arrest and the landlord doesn't have to allow you there. Does your son have a GPS bracelet? It might be a good question to ask his attorney or his probation officer.
I'm not sure at this point, left a message with the PO so I can get an idea of what to do **************

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">