• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apt bldg to be sold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wassdeet

CA

I have lived in an apt in Sherman Oaks for 23 yrs and it appears that the bldg might be sold when present owner passes away. I checked the Landlord/Tenant act and being a senior I qualify for a substantial pay-off if that happens. However someone told me that if I am month-to-month I don't get anything and that only people who lease qualify?

FarmerJ

If a building is sold the only thing that changes right away is who you pay rent to so when you wrote > I checked the Landlord/Tenant act and being a senior I qualify for a substantial pay-off if that happens. However someone told me that if I am month-to-month I don't get anything and that only people who lease qualify? < what does that have to do with the sale of the building ? Is your community one that has rent control type laws ? Have you been given a formal notice to get out ?

Wassdeet

I wanted to find out if when tenants are relocated, if it matters that one tenant has lease and another month-to-month. Got my answer by calling Los Angeles Housing. Answer was "doesn't matter if leaseholder or month-to-month".

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I wanted to find out if when tenants are relocated, if it matters that one tenant has lease and another month-to-month. Got my answer by calling Los Angeles Housing. Answer was "doesn't matter if leaseholder or month-to-month".
Who says you'll be relocated?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">