• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Etrade not sending Indemnity to my bank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hunnchback

Hello,

I have a serious situation here, and need some help regarding how and what to do :(

I was employ of a company in UK, company head office is in US (Austin). company gave me some stocks to exercise as an employe. I sold my shares and requested E trade Financial services to send money to my bank account through an international wire transfer. They sent money to a wrong account and said my Swift code was incorrect. My bank in UK luckly got money out from the wrong account an has kept it with them for over a year now.

Now I requested my bank in Uk to send the money back or to my account and bank said they can not send money to my account as this money was received by different source, money will goback to the source after E trafe send an INDEMNITY to them.

Now Etrade is saying they will not send Indemnity because its not their fault and lloyds is not answering any questions anymore too and sent me a written letter that this is last letter from them regarding this issue. E trade must send the indemnity.

Now E trade is about to send me a letter in written that they can not send the indemnity to me. But problem is, what i am going to do ? :(

Anyone experienced with this mind of situation before? Please share some advice and help.. I have engaged a solicitor in UK to send all these letters but I want to know whats best to do so I can actually help the lawyer :( seems like its not working..

many thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
1) This site is for US law only - your matter is related to UK law.
2) Even here in the US, if you have an attorney (solicitor in your case), it is wise to listen to his or her advice.

3) Good luck!

LdiJ

1) This site is for US law only - your matter is related to UK law.
2) Even here in the US, if you have an attorney (solicitor in your case), it is wise to listen to his or her advice.

3) Good luck!
Are we sure that US law is not involved here since e-trade is involved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">