• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket in NYC Brooklyn.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ZvK

Hello,

On October 5, 2014 I got a speeding ticket for going 40 on a 25 zone. I was unaware of the changes, but that's my fault. On the ticket it said it was issued October 05, 2011. My car wasn't even made during that year. Would that dismiss the ticket?

Thank you.

Just Blue

Hello,

On October 5, 2014 I got a speeding ticket for going 40 on a 25 zone. I was unaware of the changes, but that's my fault. On the ticket it said it was issued October 05, 2011. My car wasn't even made during that year. Would that dismiss the ticket?

Thank you.
lol...No. A typo is not going to cause the charge to "go away".

As an aside...Does no one EVER deal with what they do? Sad. :(

You Are Guilty

OOoooo, oooo, ooo! Me! ME! Writing a check for my own speeding ticket from just last week.

(Sometimes you're the bird with gastric problems, and sometimes you're just the freshly washed car).

davew128

Except that in this case, the wrong year could cause problems for the OP since if entered correctly, they would already be in trouble for not responding timely. I don't think it gets them off the hook but its a good start.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The Traffic Violations Bureau tends to be very strict with information like this entered incorrectly on the ticket.

Was the ticket a hand written one and is the date clear to see on your yellow copy? Are you SURE the date is wrong - sometimes the motorist copy is a bit difficult to read?

I would say that if you plead no guilty and go to court you will get the ticket tossed out based upon my extensive experience in the TVB.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">