• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did the District Attorney falsify the indictment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danboy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
In the state of New York each county can only have one Grand Jury Term exist at a time. I know a person who was indicted by a first term Grand Jury, but that indictment was signed and filed during the time the second Grand Jury term was in session. He believes the first term Grand Jury was no longer in session when the Indictment was signed and filed and therefore lacked the authority to vote a True Bill.
If a District Attorney files an indictment such as this one what category of misconduct is it considered?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York
In the state of New York each county can only have one Grand Jury Term exist at a time. I know a person who was indicted by a first term Grand Jury, but that indictment was signed and filed during the time the second Grand Jury term was in session.
He believes
the first term Grand Jury was no longer in session when the Indictment was signed and filed and therefore lacked the authority to vote a True Bill.
If a District Attorney files an indictment such as this one what category of misconduct is it considered?

Perhaps he "believes" wrong. He should consult with his Attorney.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
That answer was not helpful.
How about this -- since it doesn't concern you, it doesn't matter. The person you know is the one it concerns and should matter to and that individual is the one who needs the answers. Not you. So be happy you don't have to worry about it.

Danboy

How about this -- since it doesn't concern you, it doesn't matter. The person you know is the one it concerns and should matter to and that individual is the one who needs the answers. Not you. So be happy you don't have to worry about it.
So obviously you cant answer the question either. Does it help if I say it is me I am the one falsely indicted?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So obviously you cant answer the question either. Does it help if I say it is me I am the one falsely indicted?
Yes - that means that you need to speak to your attorney about this. S/he gets paid to deal with your attitude. :rolleyes:

Danboy

Dont post if you cant answer the question

Yes - that means that you need to speak to your attorney about this. S/he gets paid to deal with your attitude. :rolleyes:
Maybe my lawyer is friends with the District Attorney and im looking for advice from a neutral party.
I admit I didnt read the rules of the forum, but if we are not here to give advise and answer questions then why waste your time posting.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Maybe my lawyer is friends with the District Attorney and im looking for advice from a neutral party.
Find a different attorney.

I admit I didnt read the rules of the forum, but if we are not here to give advise and answer questions then why waste your time posting.
One advises. One gives advice. I choose to post.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well it proves you lied in your first post. And we don't like dealing with liars. So nope. It doesn't help you.

Danboy

Yes or No please

Well it proves you lied in your first post. And we don't like dealing with liars. So nope. It doesn't help you.
This website is called 'free advice', I assumed it would be legal advise. Telling someone to talk to an attorney is not helpful information. Their are attorneys here so why not put a question out in the hopes of a useful answer.

In your opinion was the Indictment defective? Yes or No?

Did the District Attorney violate any laws or ethics? Yes or No?
Its that simple people.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This website is called 'free advice', I assumed it would be legal advise. Telling someone to talk to an attorney is not helpful information. Their are attorneys here so why not put a question out in the hopes of a useful answer.

In your opinion was the Indictment defective? Yes or No?

Did the District Attorney violate any laws or ethics? Yes or No?
Its that simple people.
Well, see, the attorneys here don't respond to demands for answers. We also don't respond when someone dictates how we are supposed to answer. We also don't respond when we think people have lied or misled us. We also don't second guess attorneys that are representing those who post here. Quite simply, if this is about you, your attorney can give you the answers. If it is not about you, then it doesn't matter. It's that simple, Danboy.

Danboy

Well, see, the attorneys here don't respond to demands for answers. We also don't respond when someone dictates how we are supposed to answer. We also don't respond when we think people have lied or misled us. We also don't second guess attorneys that are representing those who post here. Quite simply, if this is about you, your attorney can give you the answers. If it is not about you, then it doesn't matter. It's that simple, Danboy.
Just say you don't know the answer and stop wasting my time. Let me guess your a public defender who hasn't one a case in years or maybe your a district attorney who does unethical stuff like this all the time.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Just say you don't know the answer and stop wasting my time. Let me guess your a public defender who hasn't one a case in years or maybe your a district attorney who does unethical stuff like this all the time.
Wrong on all counts. But I am also someone who has never committed a crime and been indicted for anything. Unlike you. Or someone you know. Oh and "won" not "one", "you're" not "your" ... Education is important, Danboy. Try going back to high school or at least getting your GED.

Danboy

Wrong on all counts. But I am also someone who has never committed a crime and been indicted for anything. Unlike you. Or someone you know. Oh and "won" not "one", "you're" not "your" ... Education is important, Danboy. Try going back to high school or at least getting your GED.
Commas come before the word "but" and you shouldn't ever capitalize it. Dont start a sentence with "or" and don't capitalize it ever. Maybe you should get a GED.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Commas come before the word "but" and you shouldn't ever capitalize it. Dont start a sentence with "or" and don't capitalize it ever. Maybe you should get a GED.
Don't need one. I have a J.D. What about you? Oh yeah -- you don't have a simple grasp of spelling. More is the pity for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">