• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cioall

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD and WV

Hello, this is a rather embarrassing situation. And I would not even submit it if I was not desperate. I live in Baltimore MD. And here is my story.

Back in June my high school boyfriend sent me a friend request on Facebook. And soon after that we started talking on a daily basis. Well old feelings began to resurface. And our relationship turned romantic in nature. Including sexual on two different occasions. The problem is he was married and is still married. And yes I did know about his wife and children. However I was promised over and over that he was going to leave his wife. We even went apartment hunting together.

Well needless to say he never left his wife. And a few months into the affair she found out. She had him send me an email telling me it was over and to leave us alone. Well at the time I thought it was just her hacking into his accounts saying stuff to hurt and tick me off. And that his and my relationship was solid. She started to post SEVERAL demeaning and awful things directed towards me on her Facebook page. However she never used my name. I just knew they were about me.

Then she made him send me private message on Facebook through his account. Telling me he made a mistake and that he loved his wife and we were over. Well I was foolish enough to believe everything he told me. So I assumed she had hacked his Facebook account also. So I sent her a message to HIS facebook account explaining to her that it was time for her reality check. That he and I were in love and had no secrets. And that he had asked me to marry him. And I accepted. As well as giving her a piece of my mind for the things she was posting on her Facebook page about me. Even though she didn't use my name. I knew they were directed at me. I then told her she needed to go seek help because she has a drug problem. That she was a bad wife and mother. And that is why her husband was leaving her.

Well needless to say I was a fool for believing anything that came out of his mouth. Because I have not heard a word from him since. Other than when his wife and I are fighting on social media and he comes to her defense. To keep my primary Facebook account safe. And to protect my identity I created a few false Facebook accounts to address her and the things she continued to post on facebook. And she would reply to me with some hideous and down right cruel stuff. Such as my husband who was hit by a car in 1/14 did so on purpose to get away from me. She also made very hurtful remarks directed towards my grown daughter. Again not using our names.

Then back in Nov. my sister contacted me and told me that my name and picture were posted on a site called shes a home wrecker. Which is basically a mistress shaming site. Where wives and husbands can expose people who become romantically involved with someone who is married. She took pictures from my personal Facebook account to use for the exposure.

Well I tried to contact the site owner to have it removed. However she refused to do so. Stating it was up to the wife to request it being taken down. Well this really ticked me off. So I then began commenting on my exposure. Even saying cruel things that I regret about her children. And while yes I did sleep with her husband. What right does she think she has to post about me like that?? I mean how dare her! I have been embarrassed and humiliated beyond belief because of this woman. And would love nothing more than to take her to court for harassment charges as well as defamation. So my question is do I have any legal grounds criminal or civil?

Yes I have initiated contact with her several times over the past six months. However I do so in response to her filthy posts on facebook and on the exposure. I know what I did was wrong. However I was just listening to what her husband was telling me. And I truly believed we would have a future together. So how dare her continue to say the filthy things she says about me.

So do I have any grounds for criminal or civil action? Also, she lives in WV and I am in MD. Thank you in advance!

Proserpina

Hello, this is a rather embarrassing situation. And I would not even submit it if I was not desperate. I live in Baltimore MD. And here is my story.

Back in June my high school boyfriend sent me a friend request on Facebook. And soon after that we started talking on a daily basis. Well old feelings began to resurface. And our relationship turned romantic in nature. Including sexual on two different occasions. The problem is he was married and is still married. And yes I did know about his wife and children. However I was promised over and over that he was going to leave his wife. We even went apartment hunting together.

Well needless to say he never left his wife. And a few months into the affair she found out. She had him send me an email telling me it was over and to leave us alone. Well at the time I thought it was just her hacking into his accounts saying stuff to hurt and tick me off. And that his and my relationship was solid. She started to post SEVERAL demeaning and awful things directed towards me on her Facebook page. However she never used my name. I just knew they were about me.

Then she made him send me private message on Facebook through his account. Telling me he made a mistake and that he loved his wife and we were over. Well I was foolish enough to believe everything he told me. So I assumed she had hacked his Facebook account also. So I sent her a message to HIS facebook account explaining to her that it was time for her reality check. That he and I were in love and had no secrets. And that he had asked me to marry him. And I accepted. As well as giving her a piece of my mind for the things she was posting on her Facebook page about me. Even though she didn't use my name. I knew they were directed at me. I then told her she needed to go seek help because she has a drug problem. That she was a bad wife and mother. And that is why her husband was leaving her.

Well needless to say I was a fool for believing anything that came out of his mouth. Because I have not heard a word from him since. Other than when his wife and I are fighting on social media and he comes to her defense. To keep my primary Facebook account safe. And to protect my identity I created a few false Facebook accounts to address her and the things she continued to post on facebook. And she would reply to me with some hideous and down right cruel stuff. Such as my husband who was hit by a car in 1/14 did so on purpose to get away from me. She also made very hurtful remarks directed towards my grown daughter. Again not using our names.

Then back in Nov. my sister contacted me and told me that my name and picture were posted on a site called shes a home wrecker. Which is basically a mistress shaming site. Where wives and husbands can expose people who become romantically involved with someone who is married. She took pictures from my personal Facebook account to use for the exposure.

Well I tried to contact the site owner to have it removed. However she refused to do so. Stating it was up to the wife to request it being taken down. Well this really ticked me off. So I then began commenting on my exposure. Even saying cruel things that I regret about her children. And while yes I did sleep with her husband. What right does she think she has to post about me like that?? I mean how dare her! I have been embarrassed and humiliated beyond belief because of this woman. And would love nothing more than to take her to court for harassment charges as well as defamation. So my question is do I have any legal grounds criminal or civil?

Yes I have initiated contact with her several times over the past six months. However I do so in response to her filthy posts on facebook and on the exposure. I know what I did was wrong. However I was just listening to what her husband was telling me. And I truly believed we would have a future together. So how dare her continue to say the filthy things she says about me.

So do I have any grounds for criminal or civil action? Also, she lives in WV and I am in MD. Thank you in advance!

You slept with her husband, made several accounts purely to antagonize her, called her parenting into question and insulted her family.

Nice going there, chica.

She has every right to tell the world the truth.

RRevak

Ya know, I had whole responses typed out but kept deleting them over n over again because i'm that speechless. I've heard a few mistress stories in my lifetime but yours sweetheart takes the cake. Wow...just..wow....:mad:

You made your bed pumpkin, now its time to get comfy.

And btw, his wife is being far FAR nicer than I would be...

Proserpina

Y'know, the faux sense of moral outrage is sending up a heyooooge red flag here.

Assuming OP is real, I don't think she's the mistress at all.

Not one bit. A hybrid of lilmansmom, spinny and stepmother4ever = possible.

:cool:

(No thanks necessary for making your eyes bleed from that imagery)

quincy

... I live in Baltimore MD.

... our relationship turned romantic in nature. Including sexual on two different occasions. ... yes I did know about his wife and children. ...

... a few months into the affair she found out. She had him send me an email telling me it was over and to leave us alone. Well at the time I thought it was just her hacking into his accounts saying stuff to hurt and tick me off. ... She started to post SEVERAL demeaning and awful things directed towards me on her Facebook page. However she never used my name. I just knew they were about me. ...

... she made him send me private message on Facebook through his account. ... I assumed she had hacked his Facebook account ... I sent her a message to HIS account ... explaining ... That he and I were in love and had no secrets. ... that he had asked me to marry him. ... giving her a piece of my mind for the things she was posting on her Facebook page about me. ... I told her she needed to go seek help because she has a drug problem ...she was a bad wife and mother. ...

... I created false accounts ... to address her and the things she continued to post on facebook. And she would reply ... with ... hideous and ... cruel stuff ... Such as my husband who was hit by a car in 1/14 did so on purpose to get away from me. She also made very hurtful remarks directed towards my grown daughter. Again not using our names.

... my name and picture were posted on ... home wrecker. ... She took pictures from my personal Facebook account to use for the exposure.

Well I tried to contact the site owner to have it removed. However she refused to do so. ... So I began commenting ... saying cruel things ... about her children. ... What right does she think she has to post about me like that? ...

And would love nothing more than to take her to court for harassment charges as well as defamation. So my question is do I have any legal grounds criminal or civil?

... So do I have any grounds for criminal or civil action? Also, she lives in WV and I am in MD. Thank you in advance!
You started it. But I think both of you are behaving badly (although I can understand the wife's reaction better than I can understand yours).

I do not think that either of you have a defamation claim that is likely to be successful. You have each managed to injure your own reputations without any help necessary from the other. A court would (more than likely) look at the words posted by both of you as an exchange filled with the type of name-calling that is typical in hot disputes. In a heated exchange, words can be said that are demeaning, awful, hideous, cruel, nasty and false - but they tend to be exaggerated to the point where they are unlikely to be believed by anyone who runs across them.

These types of words tend to breed in the type of atmosphere you created with your affair.

That said, I think sites like the Home Wrecker site are horrible and, for that reason, I suggest you sit down with an attorney in your area for a look at the site where your picture appears, with the idea of having the attorney draft a letter to the wife, requesting she remove your picture from that site in exchange for your promise to never contact her or her husband again.

Then leave the man and his wife and their child(ren) alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">