• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with fraud case by ex-husband.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stepenie1145

Hello, I am Stephanie, a 31 year old mother. I got married four years ahead and have one kid also. Later on, we got divorced on mutual understanding in last year, 2014. Now he is turning on me with fraud case and sued over $4,000. The Crown proceedings is trying to establish the offense with reasonable doubt. I have contacted the Barrister of The Defence Group, Ontario. They have been discussed the event and started proceedings, but I doubt how to remove a bias judgement from the court matter? Removing a judge from the case is a big stretch, only the matter already started, but if not, it may not even go cart. Is there any other solution for this problem?

LdiJ

Hello, I am Stephanie, a 31 year old mother. I got married four years ahead and have one kid also. Later on, we got divorced on mutual understanding in last year, 2014. Now he is turning on me with fraud case and sued over $4,000. The Crown proceedings is trying to establish the offense with reasonable doubt. I have contacted the Barrister of The Defence Group, Ontario. They have been discussed the event and started proceedings, but I doubt how to remove a bias judgement from the court matter? Removing a judge from the case is a big stretch, only the matter already started, but if not, it may not even go cart. Is there any other solution for this problem?
Sorry, US law only.

single317dad

You need an attorney, or legal aid if you cannot afford one. Start here:

http://www.legalaid.on.ca/en/getting/type_family.asp

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/divorce/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">