• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ACCEPTED as USAF officer... question regarding criminal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAmAnda

Hello. I am in NC.

My husband was prior USAF and has been accepted into OTS. I see his name on the website, so I know it's true.

He has been abusive to be and our children. I finally put an end to it and had him arrested after he assaulted me a few months ago. He was arrested, served with an Ex Parte, and then was arrested again because he made a false 911 call (he said that our pastor told him that I was holding a gun to the babies' heads...). So he has royalled messed up.

He is denying everything and trying to get the charges dropped so that he can get back into the USAF. He wants me to drop the charges, but I will not. Is there any way the USAF will "accept" him? I am under the impression that because he was accepted, they do not know about his criminal charges (yet).

I want him to get back in. He would be away from the children and me. Does he have any chance? Can I talk to anyone and help the process? I don't blame the military for not wanting someone with a criminal background, especially assault on a female and misuse of police officers/false 911 call. I'm just so afraid that when he is completely turned away from the USAF and his "dream" is crushed, he will make it his life goal to ruin my life. And he will. He is very manipulative and aggressive. I would estimate about 85-90% of people in his life believe his lies regarding what "really happened". It makes me sick. And scared.

justalayman

chances are you cannot drop the charges and that is because you are not who filed charges. The state files charges and prosecutes. You are a victim and a witness in the situation.

Your best action would be to just stay out of everything. If he failed to tell them of his issues, that is on him. Given your description, should you get involved, if he is ultimately rejected, I suspect you would be blamed for that too. Best to just stay out of any of it.

FlyingRon

The military will definitely defer a decision on taking him. They can't take someone with pending charges. The question is if he is found guilty on these charges, will that bar him from serving. He needs to be dealing with an attorney rather than badgering you. Even if you recant the issues aren't going away without legal assistance.

As pointed out, it is society that is harmed by criminal behavior and it's the state that prosecutes. Victim recantation in DV cases are not uncommon and the state is usually reticent to accept them. You can contact the victims advocate if your area has them and discuss your options with them.

STEPHAN

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/mama-twins-here-upcoming-child-support-hearing-i-lost-my-attorney-614350.html#post3335033

more information

mAmAnda

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-support-98/mama-twins-here-upcoming-child-support-hearing-i-lost-my-attorney-614350.html#post3335033

more information

Okay, thank you all. I have to be at court on Friday for the DVPO and Child Support. Hoping it goes well. I have done everything that I've been instructed to do thus far, and will continue to do so. We have 11 month old twins together, so I have a lot to protect ~

Just Blue

Okay, thank you all. I have to be at court on Friday for the DVPO and Child Support. Hoping it goes well. I have done everything that I've been instructed to do thus far, and will continue to do so. We have 11 month old twins together, so I have a lot to protect ~
Just**************..Wow. Poor children. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">