• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Part-time to Full-time required over certain of scheduled hours?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ptasalways

I hope I did not post in the wrong forum.

I am located in CA. Worked for about four years, but as a part-time. However, I am being scheduled full-time hours extensively on many occasions. Is it true that my employer is required to move me to full-time status if certain criteria is met?

Many Thanks!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, with a single exception. That exception is health insurance. By Federal law, if you work regularly over 30 hours a week or 130 hours a month, you must be considered full time for health insurance ONLY.

Other than that, no law defines full or part time.

FlyingRon

No, with a single exception. That exception is health insurance. By Federal law, if you work regularly over 30 hours a week or 130 hours a month, you must be considered full time for health insurance ONLY.

Other than that, no law defines full or part time.
And even that doesn't mean they HAVE to provide you insurance (it depends on the number of employees and some other things).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">