• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

X- Husbands Bank Account Frozen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sarah1swim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My x-husband who owes me about 10k in arrears from past due child support. He called me about three weeks ago angry that his account was frozen.

Does he have any legal way of unfreezing his account or may I actually see some of the money ? He works a regular job and does not receive state benefits or social security money.

LdiJ

My x-husband who owes me about 10k in arrears from past due child support. He called me about three weeks ago angry that his account was frozen.

Does he have any legal way of unfreezing his account or may I actually see some of the money ? He works a regular job and does not receive state benefits or social security money.
Texas might possibly allow him to negotiate a commitment to make regular payments and unfreeze his account. However, its more likely that they will just take whatever was in the account at the time, and send it to you.

Sarah1swim

Texas might possibly allow him to negotiate a commitment to make regular payments and unfreeze his account. However, its more likely that they will just take whatever was in the account at the time, and send it to you.
Thank you.

adjusterjack

If this was the state that froze his account, the state might also be able to garnish his wages for child support unless child support is already coming out of his pay. Check on that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">