• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Parte or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DentalGirl33

So my husband recently asked for a divorce and two weeks after he picked up and moved out and left me and our five kids for a younger woman. Since then he has taken my children around his new girlfriend and my kids have witnessed them act inappropriate things together, which is traumatizing to them considering that he waited an entire two weeks to introduce them to his girlfriend he hasn't showed up to visit them when he said he would, he shut off my cell phone, discontinued my car insurance and is refusing to pay the rent in the house we shared together. I'm completely shocked by his new behavior and I just don't know what to do

Last edited:

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
So my husband recently asked for a divorce and two weeks after he picked up and moved out and left me and our five kids for a younger woman. Since then he has taken my children around his new girlfriend and my kids have witnessed them act inappropriate things together, which is traumatizing to them considering that he waited an entire two weeks to introduce them to his girlfriend he hasn't showed up to visit them when he said he would, he shut off my cell phone, discontinued my car insurance and is refusing to pay the rent in the house we shared together. I'm completely shocked by his new behavior and I just don't know what to do
First, tell us where you're located.

Second (assuming you're in the US) file for divorce and request a "no paramour" clause. If you don't know what that is, use your Google-fu.

Finally, this is not new behavior. It's simply behavior that has been hidden until now.

latigo

What you need to do is to set your fanny down across the desk from a divorce lawyer! And soon, like yesterday. Even the best of them will often grant you a consultation without charge. Makes some calls. Just don't expect to find solutions popping up on your laptop.

DentalGirl33

First, tell us where you're located.

Second (assuming you're in the US) file for divorce and request a "no paramour" clause. If you don't know what that is, use your Google-fu.

Finally, this is not new behavior. It's simply behavior that has been hidden until now.

I'm
In California

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">