• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice replacing a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Do_Tell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ontario, Canada

My lawyer has been unwell and things don't look promising. Since I need a French-speaking lawyer for my case conference in June, my options are very limited:
I can 1. go with my lawyer's assistant, who doesn't speak French; 2. go with an associate of one lawyer I really trust, but the associate doesn't speak French (the lawyer herself is busy with another court the date of my court); 3. push the date of the court and go with the lawyer I trust. Unfortunately, with the delays we are having in Ontario, the CC would be scheduled for the fall.
I have been waiting for this CC for a year and I am wondering, if it's not a good idea to go with the option nr. 1 and switch to the lawyer I trust right after.
The main purpose of this CC is to request an OCL involvement, and I don't know in what cases the court can deny us that, so it looks like it's a case that is hard to screw up, although judging from my awful experience even a CC can go wrong.
My ex's lawyer is very experienced, very cunning and hard to deal with. My current lawyer is too soft, but his assistant is quite a shark, however he has only a few years of experience. I really can't decide what's best.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ontario, Canada

My lawyer has been unwell and things don't look promising. Since I need a French-speaking lawyer for my case conference in June, my options are very limited:
I can 1. go with my lawyer's assistant, who doesn't speak French; 2. go with an associate of one lawyer I really trust, but the associate doesn't speak French (the lawyer herself is busy with another court the date of my court); 3. push the date of the court and go with the lawyer I trust. Unfortunately, with the delays we are having in Ontario, the CC would be scheduled for the fall.
I have been waiting for this CC for a year and I am wondering, if it's not a good idea to go with the option nr. 1 and switch to the lawyer I trust right after.
The main purpose of this CC is to request an OCL involvement, and I don't know in what cases the court can deny us that, so it looks like it's a case that is hard to screw up, although judging from my awful experience even a CC can go wrong.
My ex's lawyer is very experienced, very cunning and hard to deal with. My current lawyer is too soft, but his assistant is quite a shark, however he has only a few years of experience. I really can't decide what's best.
This site is strictly for United States law. And what you are asking is opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">