• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contested divorce how do I speed up the process.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PleaseHelpASAP

In need of advice in Virginia. I have a contested divorce pending. We have already settled on spousal support and custody. The last thing to be settled out is the property. My wife has already expressed that she wants half of my paid off house and half of my 401k. I sent her a settlement agreement offering her that. It has been months, she has not responded. She is holding on to my health insurance as long as possible and now that she has income each month has no incentive to settle the divorce in a timely manner. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
In need of advice in Virginia. I have a contested divorce pending. We have already settled on spousal support and custody. The last thing to be settled out is the property. My wife has already expressed that she wants half of my paid off house and half of my 401k. I sent her a settlement agreement offering her that. It has been months, she has not responded. She is holding on to my health insurance as long as possible and now that she has income each month has no incentive to settle the divorce in a timely manner. Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?
Your only option, really, is to hire an attorney.

If you already have an attorney, your question/s should be directed to him/her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">