• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Screwed by lawyer which helped husband screw me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why do you feel a counter-petition was necessary, vs a response only?
IMNSHO, a counter petition is necessary in order to prevent the other party from getting the whole case dismissed. A counter petition would have continued OP's case even if hubby dismissed his.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
IMNSHO, a counter petition is necessary in order to prevent the other party from getting the whole case dismissed. A counter petition would have continued OP's case even if hubby dismissed his.
Is it normal practice in the OP's unnamed state for attorneys to file counter petitions in every divorce case? Is it normal in Ohio?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Is it normal practice in the OP's unnamed state for attorneys to file counter petitions in every divorce case? Is it normal in Ohio?
I file a counter petition in EVERY divorce case if my client is NOT the plaintiff. It safeguards my client. In the UNNAMED state? How the hell would I know? LMAO. :D:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">