• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does he need to file for divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Davidsbaby17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My boyfriend married a girl they have been seperated for a couple of years but his family just told him she never divorced her first husband, in oklahoma does he have to file for divorce since it was void because she was already married?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My boyfriend married a girl they have been seperated for a couple of years but his family just told him she never divorced her first husband, in oklahoma does he have to file for divorce since it was void because she was already married?
Please have your boyfriend log on to ask his own questions. There are DEFINITELY going to be details that you are just not privy too. Thanks for understanding.

adjusterjack

The first thing your BF needs to do is carefully and thoroughly research his wife's former marriage and confirm whether or not there was a divorce.

If he can find records of her divorce then he will have to file for divorce.

If he can't find records of a divorce that doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any some place and he should still file for divorce.

Meantime, don't marry him until this gets resolved. And don't get pregnant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">