• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rejected FL 150 and FL 160 forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lolski

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello there! I am going through a simple (in legal terms) divorce with my husband. We have the financial disclosure meeting next week, to work out if our divorce needs to go to trial. I submitted my forms by post to alameda court where the meeting will be next week, but I received both forms back in the post - the cover letter reads -

'Your request to file income and expenses declaration has been rejected for the following reason -
FL 150 is a mandatory form in California, as well as the property declaration fl 160. Both can be found at the court website or please refer to the help center for assistance.'

I do not understand the terminology for the rejection of the forms - and as the meeting is so close, do I have time to resubmit and how? Are there legal implications if the forms are not received in time?

Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated, thank You!

lolski

Yes he did. Although we do not have any assets together. And none that we are wanting of each other's. I am worried that I might be penalized. I just don't understand also, as I am from the UK and this system is completely foreign to me still unfortunately

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello there! I am going through a simple (in legal terms) divorce with my husband. We have the financial disclosure meeting next week, to work out if our divorce needs to go to trial. I submitted my forms by post to alameda court where the meeting will be next week, but I received both forms back in the post - the cover letter reads -

'Your request to file income and expenses declaration has been rejected for the following reason -
FL 150 is a mandatory form in California, as well as the property declaration fl 160. Both can be found at the court website or please refer to the help center for assistance.'

I do not understand the terminology for the rejection of the forms - and as the meeting is so close, do I have time to resubmit and how? Are there legal implications if the forms are not received in time?

Any help or answers would be greatly appreciated, thank You!
This seems to be saying that you attempted to submit an income and expense declaration without submitting forms FL50 and FL160. If that is the case, then you need to get them submitted. You might bring additional copies with you to the hearing, so that if the ones you submitted don't make it through to the hearing, you will at least have another copy available to give to the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">