• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help who will win our house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Klmarie

My partner and I are looking to breaking up. We live in a 3 bed housing association home with 5 year tendency with our 4 year old and my partners son who is 16 (lives with us full time)
My partner works full time and pays all the bills I currently do not work as couldn't get childcare till she starts school September.
We do not claim any benefits
I don't want to loose my home and just wondering who's going to win this house I have no money to move.
Help please!!

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
My partner and I are looking to breaking up. We live in a 3 bed housing association home with 5 year tendency with our 4 year old and my partners son who is 16 (lives with us full time)
My partner works full time and pays all the bills I currently do not work as couldn't get childcare till she starts school September.
We do not claim any benefits
I don't want to loose my home and just wondering who's going to win this house I have no money to move.
Help please!!
Your post is a bit unclear about certain things. So some additional facts from you will help in providing you information about how this might go. First, in what state do you reside? That matters because state law is the main body of law that governs issues about property, contracts, etc. Next, you mention your partner. Just to be clear on your relationship, are the two of you married or in a registered domestic partnership (if your state allows for that)? Also, I just want to make sure I understand what your living arrangement is. It sounds like you are renting a 3 bedroom home in a community that is governed by a home owner’s association (HOA) and that your lease is for a five year term. Is that right? If so, whose names are on the lease and how long have you got left on the five year term? Does the lease allow you to terminate the lease early without a penalty or obligation? And finally, if you are not married or in a registered domestic partnership, do you have any contract between you that spells out how things like this are to be handled? Not many unmarried couples have that (though they should), but I just want to be sure.

quincy

Klmarie, are you in the US? If so, in what state? If not, in what country do you reside?

Klmarie

Your post is a bit unclear about certain things. So some additional facts from you will help in providing you information about how this might go. First, in what state do you reside? That matters because state law is the main body of law that governs issues about property, contracts, etc. Next, you mention your partner. Just to be clear on your relationship, are the two of you married or in a registered domestic partnership (if your state allows for that)? Also, I just want to make sure I understand what your living arrangement is. It sounds like you are renting a 3 bedroom home in a community that is governed by a home owner’s association (HOA) and that your lease is for a five year term. Is that right? If so, whose names are on the lease and how long have you got left on the five year term? Does the lease allow you to terminate the lease early without a penalty or obligation? And finally, if you are not married or in a registered domestic partnership, do you have any contract between you that spells out how things like this are to be handled? Not many unmarried couples have that (though they should), but I just want to be sure.
I'm in the uk we are not married but been together 10 years yes it is hoa and yes the lease is a 5 year term which started June 2017. Both of our names are on the tenancy agreement. The hoa can remove a tennant from the agreement after it has been battled out. We don't have a contract for how things should be handled

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I'm in the uk we are not married but been together 10 years yes it is hoa and yes the lease is a 5 year term which started June 2017. Both of our names are on the tenancy agreement. The hoa can remove a tennant from the agreement after it has been battled out. We don't have a contract for how things should be handled
Thought so.

You'll need a UK-based forum ... if you do a quick Google, a few will turn up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">