• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant wife is taking cocaine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Again...context. I was referring to her ability to care for the 5 year old not its danger to the unborn child.
You've NEVER been around someone who is high on cocaine, have you? Would you leave YOUR 5 year old child in the care of a baby sitter who is high on cocaine?

(Oh, and my response was in perfect context with what you said. You're WRONG here and the gracious thing to do would be to acknowledge it.)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Let's get back on track. Regardless of the poison, an impaired adult is not the best choice of caregiver. If OP intends to use Mom's drug use against her in a custody fight, he would be well advised to make sure the 5yo is not in her sole care AND help Mom find treatment for her drug use.ASAP.

Just Blue

Let's get back on track. Regardless of the poison, an impaired adult is not the best choice of caregiver. If OP intends to use Mom's drug use against her in a custody fight, he would be well advised to make sure the 5yo is not in her sole care AND help Mom find treatment for her drug use.ASAP.
^^like^^

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I definitely concur with that. Children left in the care of a drug user -- even cocaine -- have been removed by CPS and put in foster care. Op needs to consider that. Why? Because the state sees it as dangerous to the child. Furthermore, it also shows that dad's judgment is not the best if he is leaving his child with someone he knows uses cocaine.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
If DHR gets involved, I see the State taking the child who is currently here and waiting at the hospital for the second to be born. They don't take chemical endangerment of children lightly in Bama. :cool:

James Frank

If DHR gets involved, I see the State taking the child who is currently here and waiting at the hospital for the second to be born. They don't take chemical endangerment of children lightly in Bama. :cool:
See, these are the things I don't know about that I am trying to avoid at all costs. Some more info: myself - I have never done drugs and I do not drink. Without getting too bogged down in details, I'll just say that I am the one who takes care of our child and it's been that way for over a year now. My wife is rarely home at this point. I have a career. She is unemployed and essentially unemployable with little education. She is out all night, every night, and sleeps all day. My fears about custody are out of concern for my child and my own ignorance about the whole divorce process. I am assuming that a mother is going to get custody unless there is an extreme situation, and the father getting custody is a last resort. What I'm wondering is if a pregnant recently discovered drug-using mother who is largely absent considered an extreme situation. Her having any custody whatsoever would be dangerous for our child. Honestly I just wish everything could go back to how it was before, the good times, but I am to the point where I do not believe it to be possible anymore and must look to my child's future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">