• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex wife and lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My wife is the one who left after having two different affairs, which I have proof of. North Carolina I've already found out from a lawyer is a no fault state. Plus me and my girlfriend were not together until there was separation papers signed and notorized. She can't get her for anything seeing as she is the one who left and abandoned our marriage.
Why doesn't your separation paperwork protect you from not seeing your child? Did it not cover custody/visitation?

Jesrene890

It's not important but I can't even have my daughter at my house cause me and my girlfriend have our own house. It's kinda hard to do thing when it's cold out and I'm not allowed to take her anywhere

LdiJ

It's not important but I can't even have my daughter at my house cause me and my girlfriend have our own house. It's kinda hard to do thing when it's cold out and I'm not allowed to take her anywhere
The you really need to get your own lawyer and get things moving along so that you are no longer at the mercy of mom's whims.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ANSWER MY QUESTIONS PLEASE. We can't help you if you ignore the questions.

HRZ

OP....you need your own lawyer.

NC still has alienation of affection laws on the books but I suspect your wife's prior affairs may be moldy old news...your new affair might NOT .

You have no rights to see her attorney's anything ...when and if things get filed, you will have time to see them.

OP Unless there is some sort of order on point, your wife has no more power to make rules about your child and where they go than you do...its equal.

Get counsel..

LdiJ

OP....you need your own lawyer.

NC still has alienation of affection laws on the books but I suspect your wife's prior affairs may be moldy old news...your new affair might NOT .

You have no rights to see her attorney's anything ...when and if things get filed, you will have time to see them.

OP Unless there is some sort of order on point, your wife has no more power to make rules about your child and where they go than you do...its equal.

Get counsel..
They apparently have a separation agreement, although its unclear whether or not that was filed with the courts. He keeps saying "no court orders" but many people have said that when they had court ordered agreements and just didn't understand that they were the same as a court order.

There was also a restraining order against his girlfriend at some point in time. OP is very unclear and tends to give important details long after he should.

This is why I think that the OP really needs an attorney to get his divorce and child custody matters handed.

I'm not intending to practice law, I'm intending to try and get him to pull his head out of his.....

Which has no legal basis so PM's is more appropriate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">