• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final Step to Finalize Divorce in CA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hondaguy15

Jurisdiction: State of CALIFORNIA, County of Sacramento, William R. Ridgeway, Family Relations Courthouse.

Case Facts:

I am the Petitioner and filed for a divorce on 3/20/2017, In Pro Per.
Defendant has filed a Response.
This is an uncontested divorce; we were married for less than one year.
There is not any outstanding debt or assets to be settled or divided.
Both parties waive their rights to spousal support.
There are no children involved.

I have been working with the Family Law Facilitators Office and they have confirmed that all appropriate filings have been completed up until this point. In their correspondence dated 8/31/2017, they state the next step would be to finish the case by stipulation or agreement. Unfortunately, the facilitator’s office has indicated they are unable to assist any further beyond this point.

I have been using the “Divorce Roadmap” furnished on the Court website to finish the case. It is my understanding that I need to file the following to finish the case:

FL-170 Declaration for Default of Uncontested Dissolution or Legal Separation
FL-180 Judgement
FL-190 Notice of Entry of Judgement

Must I also file FL-130? (Appearance, Stipulations, and Waivers)

**It is also my understanding that I must include a “written agreement.”

-Is there a template or Judicial Council form for the written agreement?
-What information must it include?
-Signature(s) requires a Notary? If so, of both the Petitioner and Respondent? Although the divorce is uncontested, we do not want to have to meet up for a Notary (goodbyes are difficult).

Is there anything else that I’m missing to conclude the case? Any help would be appreciated!

LdiJ

Jurisdiction: State of CALIFORNIA, County of Sacramento, William R. Ridgeway, Family Relations Courthouse.

Case Facts:

I am the Petitioner and filed for a divorce on 3/20/2017, In Pro Per.
Defendant has filed a Response.
This is an uncontested divorce; we were married for less than one year.
There is not any outstanding debt or assets to be settled or divided.
Both parties waive their rights to spousal support.
There are no children involved.

I have been working with the Family Law Facilitators Office and they have confirmed that all appropriate filings have been completed up until this point. In their correspondence dated 8/31/2017, they state the next step would be to finish the case by stipulation or agreement. Unfortunately, the facilitator’s office has indicated they are unable to assist any further beyond this point.

I have been using the “Divorce Roadmap” furnished on the Court website to finish the case. It is my understanding that I need to file the following to finish the case:

FL-170 Declaration for Default of Uncontested Dissolution or Legal Separation
FL-180 Judgement
FL-190 Notice of Entry of Judgement

Must I also file FL-130? (Appearance, Stipulations, and Waivers)

**It is also my understanding that I must include a “written agreement.”

-Is there a template or Judicial Council form for the written agreement?
-What information must it include?
-Signature(s) requires a Notary? If so, of both the Petitioner and Respondent? Although the divorce is uncontested, we do not want to have to meet up for a Notary (goodbyes are difficult).

Is there anything else that I’m missing to conclude the case? Any help would be appreciated!
If the two of you submit a stipulated agreement then you would not file for a default. Its one or the other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">