• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How is property not in you name divided?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike866

During a dicorice in Nova Scotia, will a vehicle in my mothers name that i use and give her money for, be excluded from being divided?
I currently have a lease that was aquired during the mirrage but exclusively in my name, I'm looking to end the lease because I have too many miles on it and is costing me too much to keep using it. I thought If my mother was able to get a vehicle in her name and I paying her for the car payment that it would be excluded?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
During a dicorice in Nova Scotia, will a vehicle in my mothers name that i use and give her money for, be excluded from being divided?
I currently have a lease that was aquired during the mirrage but exclusively in my name, I'm looking to end the lease because I have too many miles on it and is costing me too much to keep using it. I thought If my mother was able to get a vehicle in her name and I paying her for the car payment that it would be excluded?
Sorry - this forum is for US law matters only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">