• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband refusing to move out of my parents house after we both agreed to separate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

Your parents are LLs, they need to wise up and follow the due process steps to a T to evict both of you and probably smart to max up the rent in the meantime ..again with attention to proper steps ...it's going to be a long free ride for him unless parents/LL take the steps seriously . ( Or they successfully play a poker hand of cash for keys )

adjusterjack

Your parents are LLs, they need to wise up and follow the due process steps to a T to evict both of you
Shouldn't be any reason that they can't just terminate his tenancy (with proper written notice) and allow her to remain.

Then evict him through the courts if he doesn't leave.

LdiJ

Shouldn't be any reason that they can't just terminate his tenancy (with proper written notice) and allow her to remain.

Then evict him through the courts if he doesn't leave.
I agree. Its unlikely that they signed a joint lease...its unlikely that there is any lease and that tenancy is only based on living there.

HRZ

I'm a fan of get the entire tenancy ended / surrendered ...one minute later the LL/ parents are free to execute a new well written lease with daughter IF they so desire , their call ..hopefully lease is businesslike and designed to protect parents ....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">