• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial Truck parked in Neighborhood Driven by Disturbing man

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I hadn't reviewed the pictures previously (as there really was no need to), but I just did. I have to wonder why you felt the need to point out that the license plate was for a disabled vet...Also, your skulking around taking pictures of vehicles that are legally parked on the street makes you seem even more kooky.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Wave to someone who said "F*ck" and "fat" to me. Got it !
Well, bless your little heart...... you just don't get it.

Look, you're on the wrong side of this situation. You're getting all puffed up and worked into a swivet over nothing. The reason I suggested waving at your neighbor is because it can reset the nature of your relationship with him. Be the bigger person. Don't let him get you so worked up.

AngelsAdvocate

I hadn't reviewed the pictures previously (as there really was no need to), but I just did. I have to wonder why you felt the need to point out that the license plate was for a disabled vet...Also, your skulking around taking pictures of vehicles that are legally parked on the street makes you seem even more kooky.
I have no idea whether or not the disabled vet is in reference to the man or not. However, he was certainly not blind, deaf, nor shown any other signs of physical disability in the small time frame of my interaction with him. I don't know of cognitive disabilities, but just stated something factual.

Pictures were taken to store in case of future reference. Better safe than sorry? Maybe. No harm done ? Yes

AngelsAdvocate

Look, you're on the wrong side of this situation. You're getting all puffed up and worked into a swivet over nothing. The reason I suggested waving at your neighbor is because it can reset the nature of your relationship with him. Be the bigger person. Don't let him get you so worked up.
I'm just going to not interact with him at all in the future.
It's a personal choice, does not harm anyone, and perhaps more safe.

LdiJ

I think that is the smarter way to go. If it was just the parking issue I might feel differently, but that whole knocking on your door and asking your mom to hold a package for him is more than odd. Him also getting in such a rage so quickly is a bit odd as well. You are better off steering as completely clear of him as possible.

Zigner

He could even apologize to the guy.

Zigner

I think that is the smarter way to go. If it was just the parking issue I might feel differently, but that whole knocking on your door and asking your mom to hold a package for him is more than odd. Him also getting in such a rage so quickly is a bit odd as well. You are better off steering as completely clear of him as possible.
The phrase the OP used was "look after". It seems to me that the woman's neighbor may have asked her to receive a package addressed to him so that it wasn't stolen if it was dropped off while he wasn't there. That's not all that unusual, especially in this age of increasing porch piracy. As for blowing up, I really suspect that our OP is using a large amount of rose-colored paint to describe his interaction with the guy.

LdiJ

The phrase the OP used was "look after". It seems to me that the woman's neighbor may have asked her to receive a package addressed to him so that it wasn't stolen if it was dropped off while he wasn't there. That's not all that unusual, especially in this age of increasing porch piracy. As for blowing up, I really suspect that our OP is using a large amount of rose-colored paint to describe his interaction with the guy.
Well, he did say that the guy lived on the other side of the neighborhood, so asking the OP's mom to receive a package for him would not make much sense.

Zigner

Well, he did say that the guy lived on the other side of the neighborhood, so asking the OP's mom to receive a package for him would not make much sense.
It appears that his business may have a presence just across the street from mom.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
In a residential neighborhood? Where did THAT come from? Zig, you are seriously stretching here.
The pictures and the map show businesses across the street from Mom's house.

See here: https://imgur.com/U1tVHD0

adjusterjack

In a residential neighborhood? Where did THAT come from? Zig, you are seriously stretching here.
Not stretching at all. That comes right from the map. Across the corner and down Metro Blvd is a long commercial building housing Shinko Classics, Metro Paint & Body and Chamo's Tire Shop.

[imghttps://www.google.com/maps/place/13718+Eldridge+Valley+Dr,+Houston,+TX+77083/@29.7046113,-95.6268817,19z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8640ddc86f769d8b:0xe88ec10de86416b4!8m2!3d29.7053207!4d-95.6266765[/url]

Even the Google street view shows the truck parked adjacent to the fence of the commercial property.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.7051047,-95.6268319,3a,90y,189.83h,73.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWx1K_14AUL5LVkl2emq7sQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Not stretching at all. That comes right from the map. Across the corner and down Metro Blvd is a long commercial building housing Shinko Classics, Metro Paint & Body and Chamo's Tire Shop.

[imghttps://www.google.com/maps/place/13718+Eldridge+Valley+Dr,+Houston,+TX+77083/@29.7046113,-95.6268817,19z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8640ddc86f769d8b:0xe88ec10de86416b4!8m2!3d29.7053207!4d-95.6266765[/url]

Even the Google street view shows the truck parked adjacent to the fence of the commercial property.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.7051047,-95.6268319,3a,90y,189.83h,73.05t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWx1K_14AUL5LVkl2emq7sQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
Jack, I was looking at the same image just a few minutes ago..... given the layout of the neighborhood, it's no wonder they park where they do. Given that the OP knows that 1) there are businesses across the street from mom and 2) the TYPE of businesses, I feel like he's just making much ado about nothing.

adjusterjack

I don't know if you are done with this or not but it might interest you to know that Texas does have a vehicle statute regarding commercial vehicles and residential areas but it appears that it leaves signage and enforcement to the municipalities.

http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/transportation-code/transp-sect-545-307.html

I don't see anything in the Houston municipal code that's of any help.

https://library.municode.com/tx/houston/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=COOR_CH45TR

You and your neighbors may have to band together and petition your city council for signage and enforcement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">