• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial Truck parked in Neighborhood Driven by Disturbing man

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

Jack, I was looking at the same image just a few minutes ago..... given the layout of the neighborhood, it's no wonder they park where they do. Given that the OP knows that 1) there are businesses across the street from mom and 2) the TYPE of businesses, I feel like he's just making much ado about nothing.
You're right about having knowledge of the business but the truck is another story. It has no business being there. Even the fence bespeaks avoiding the business activities spilling over into the neighborhood.

Disabled vet or not, the guy's behavior is ahole-ish but, until there are parking restrictions, he can park there with impunity.

It's well known that homeowners in residential areas have been successful in many cities in getting the city government to protect neighborhoods by allowing local parking restrictions and speed bumps so the OP does have a way of eventually resolving the issue if he and his neighbors want to go that route.

I'm usually a live and let live kind of guy when it comes to neighborhood activities but I spent many years having to look at an ugly, bus sized, motor home parked across the corner from my house until the people finally moved elsewhere.

I'd be as ticked off as the OP about that truck.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
You're right about having knowledge of the business but the truck is another story. It has no business being there. Even the fence bespeaks avoiding the business activities spilling over into the neighborhood.

Disabled vet or not, the guy's behavior is ahole-ish but, until there are parking restrictions, he can park there with impunity.

It's well known that homeowners in residential areas have been successful in many cities in getting the city government to protect neighborhoods by allowing local parking restrictions and speed bumps so the OP does have a way of eventually resolving the issue if he and his neighbors want to go that route.

I'm usually a live and let live kind of guy when it comes to neighborhood activities but I spent many years having to look at an ugly, bus sized, motor home parked across the corner from my house until the people finally moved elsewhere.

I'd be as ticked off as the OP about that truck.
I get his annoyance, but I found his post a little disingenuous by not mentioning that the truck in question most likely belonged to one of the many businesses across the street. Had he asked for advice on how to change parking regulations, I would understand. (And I may have been a bit annoyed with the disabled vet mention. I work with Soldiers every day, they're my peeps.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">