• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Request for Admissions to opposing party and her attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoSinRon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

My wife filed for divorce and an emergency custody hearing. I only had 5 days to prepare, and it didn't turn out to well. She requested full custody and placement, and I got split custody and every other weekend. We both had lawyers for the hearing, but I am no longer represented as I cannot afford it.

I spoke with an attorney from Wisconsin Judicare, and he told me I had a pretty strong case and should be fine without an attorney.

I would like to submit a request of admissions to her and her attorney. I have about 60 questions I would like answered. They are yes or no questions pertaining to her drug use, affairs, and validity of her initial affidavit and testimony in court. (My attorney did manage to get her to commit perjury)

All of the questions I am asking I have proof of. Mainly photographs, text messages from her, her own written statements, and affidavits from friends and family.

What is the process for filing this request. I spoke with the court clerk, and there is no local procedure that I need to follow.

I am planning on writing a letter to her attorney, and sending a copy to him and her via certified mail. In the letter I will outline my request for information and that the inquiry can be done in his office with a court recorder. I will also send the questions. From what I understand, they have 30 days to respond.

If I get no response, or she refuses, I can then file a Motion to Compel with the courthouse.

I am doing this properly? Anything I need to be aware of?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
To what end? It sounds to me like you are grasping at anything you can without a clear game plan.

RicoSinRon

To what end? It sounds to me like you are grasping at anything you can without a clear game plan.
She lied about her drug use in court. I have proof that she was using drugs when she stated that she was not. She is neglectful of the kids, and abuses drugs around them.

She is also very sure of herself and her case. I'm hoping that by making her admit to some of the things she has done, that we can come to a custody and placement agreement without a long and drawn out battle. If she is forced to admit to these things, she may take stock in her case, and back off.

She filed for emergency custody only because I found out about her affair and aired her dirty laundry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

My wife filed for divorce and an emergency custody hearing. I only had 5 days to prepare, and it didn't turn out to well. She requested full custody and placement, and I got split custody and every other weekend. We both had lawyers for the hearing, but I am no longer represented as I cannot afford it.

I spoke with an attorney from Wisconsin Judicare, and he told me I had a pretty strong case and should be fine without an attorney.

I would like to submit a request of admissions to her and her attorney. I have about 60 questions I would like answered. They are yes or no questions pertaining to her drug use, affairs, and validity of her initial affidavit and testimony in court. (My attorney did manage to get her to commit perjury)

All of the questions I am asking I have proof of. Mainly photographs, text messages from her, her own written statements, and affidavits from friends and family.

What is the process for filing this request. I spoke with the court clerk, and there is no local procedure that I need to follow.

I am planning on writing a letter to her attorney, and sending a copy to him and her via certified mail. In the letter I will outline my request for information and that the inquiry can be done in his office with a court recorder. I will also send the questions. From what I understand, they have 30 days to respond.

If I get no response, or she refuses, I can then file a Motion to Compel with the courthouse.

have you read the rules of civil procedure? The local rules. You are not doing things correctly. You have not educated yourself properly to comprehend how to request admissions. YOu need to do that.

HRZ

Absent counsel or a crash course in law...even if you somehow muddle thru getting 60 questions answered , which I doubt, even if she answers she sleeps with 1/2 the members of local gym and does illegal drugs with the other 1/2... of what practical use is the information**************.might better to have a game plan that somehow gets funds for good counsel...if you are that convinced you have solid information about her bad conduct that matter to your quest.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

No. No you are not.

What is your goal? Do you think that you should have more parenting time? Based on what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">