• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sell my house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HRZ

It reads a bit like wife is going to get rent free occupancy of the home for as long as she can stretch out the fight and perhaps even longer To actually get it sold...and it appears she gets 100k even if it that puts the net in the red.

I get the OPs view point ...but a strong poker hand of cash for keys ( and empty unit /surrender/quIt claim ) might be a good hand to review with counsel?

beastieboys3927

It reads a bit like wife is going to get rent free occupancy of the home for as long as she can stretch out the fight and perhaps even longer To actually get it sold...and it appears she gets 100k even if it that puts the net in the red.

I get the OPs view point ...but a strong poker hand of cash for keys ( and empty unit /surrender/quIt claim ) might be a good hand to review with counsel?
The wife was never included on the Deed of my pre-maritaL home, even though she made multiple "asks" to be added (shown in Testimony). The home is solely in my name (Warranty/Deed, Settlement, Mortgage).

HRZ

Ask your attorney .....it reads to me like there are good odds the wife can squat there as a tenant for quite some time...and few buyers would want to inherit a squatting tenant but for a very hefty discount in price .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">