• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

[WI] Pro se divorce, wife lied under oath

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RicoSinRon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

During our temporary custody hearing, my wife lied about her drug use under oath. She stated that she has only used marijuana in states where it is legal. I have tons of evidence showing that she has used in Wisconsin and Dominican Republic where it is very illegal. She committed perjury, and I need to know the process for reporting it to the FCC.

I have her own admission in text messages of her drug use in Wisconsin and the DR, he son caught her smoking, and one of her sons ate a pot brownie she left in the fridge. I also know where she gets it from, and who she does it with. She has also admitted to me the use of cocaine and ecstacy in the last two years.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess

During our temporary custody hearing, my wife lied about her drug use under oath. She stated that she has only used marijuana in states where it is legal. I have tons of evidence showing that she has used in Wisconsin and Dominican Republic where it is very illegal. She committed perjury, and I need to know the process for reporting it to the FCC.

I have her own admission in text messages of her drug use in Wisconsin and the DR, he son caught her smoking, and one of her sons ate a pot brownie she left in the fridge. I also know where she gets it from, and who she does it with. She has also admitted to me the use of cocaine and ecstacy in the last two years.
What exactly do you want to happen?

Nothing will happen. Parents are just about expected to lie under oath in court, and unless you can prove that her past drug use is NOW a threat to the child/ren, you have nothing at all. Nothing.

Perjury is very, very rarely prosecuted in this country and when it is, it tends to involve serious criminal matters and not the day-to-day goings on in family court.

Edit: you need an attorney, because you're clearly not equipped to go pro se (per your post hx)

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Thanks Zig. I was about to post the same thing.

So, Rico, have you reported Mom to CPS or the police? Was the accidental ingestion of pot documented? If not, then you don't have proof that you really consider this to be a serious problem, so leave it out.

Who has been the primary caretaker of the children? Mom? Then apparently you've considered her fit enough while together.

You are not going to get a Matlock Moment in court. So just work towards being reasonable.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

The FCC is NOT going to give a crap. Why do you think they would?
Marijuana matters not. Why do you think it does? For what purpose do you think it matters? And when she admitted to cocaine and ecstasy -- what did you do IMMEDIATELY upon the admissions?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What exactly do you want to happen?

Nothing will happen. Parents are just about expected to lie under oath in court, and unless you can prove that her past drug use is NOW a threat to the child/ren, you have nothing at all. Nothing.

Perjury is very, very rarely prosecuted in this country and when it is, it tends to involve serious criminal matters and not the day-to-day goings on in family court.

Edit: you need an attorney, because you're clearly not equipped to go pro se (per your post hx)
Lying under oath isn't perjury unless there is a sworn statement that contradicts the "lies" that were under oath. Be it in an affidavit or other court testimony.

FlyingRon

The FCC is just a bunch of law students who are volunteering to help people like you. They don't have any responsibility to prosecute or litigate anything.

HRZ

If All you have is a list of supposedly bad deeds of Mom but unless you have or pay for the legal Moxie to discredit Mom and or show children are a a real risk to be around Mom ...all you have is a long useless list.

You need paid counsel ..and a focused plan of action....

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The FCC is just a bunch of law students who are volunteering to help people like you. They don't have any responsibility to prosecute or litigate anything.
FCC = Federal Communications Commission. What are you talking about? So confused.

latigo

Lying under oath isn't perjury unless there is a sworn statement that contradicts the "lies" that were under oath. Be it in an affidavit or other court testimony.
What? That makes about as much sense as saying that no criminal act can be said to have been committed unless someone is proven guilty of having committed a criminal act.

Perjury is perjury and perjury and as it is defined by a given statute is a crime. The methods and level of proof needed for a conviction within a given jurisdiction are procedural issues. They don't serve to define the crime itself. Just because a robbery suspect has been acquitted for lack of evidence, or that no one has been charged doesn't mean that a robbery did not occur!

False testimony made under oath in a court of law may or may not be suitable for a conviction for perjury, but that doesn't define whether or not the witness lied under oath nor preclude the testimony from being shown as false and used to impeach the witnesses' testimony.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What? That makes about as much sense as saying that no criminal act can be said to have been committed unless someone is proven guilty of having committed a criminal act.

Perjury is perjury and perjury and as it is defined by a given statute is a crime. The methods and level of proof needed for a conviction within a given jurisdiction are procedural issues. They don't serve to define the crime itself. Just because a robbery suspect has been acquitted for lack of evidence, or that no one has been charged doesn't mean that a robbery did not occur!

False testimony made under oath in a court of law may or may not be suitable for a conviction for perjury, but that doesn't define whether or not the witness lied under oath nor preclude the testimony from being shown as false and used to impeach the witnesses' testimony.
Try looking at facts. False testimony is perjury but it has to be proven by sworn testimony contradicting what is perjury by the person who allegedly perjured themselves. Go figure. So someone claiming perjury is wrong unless they have sworn testimony proving that said "perjury" is a violation of the law. I have posted the caselaw more than once in the last decade from various states. But carry on with your own self.

FlyingRon

FCC = Federal Communications Commission. What are you talking about? So confused.
No, given the context, WISCONSIN and DIVORCE it is almost certainly the FAMILY COURT CLINIC a program where law students offer their time to underrepresented family court litigants. It's administered by several of the state law schools.

Zig's probably got the better context....Family Court Commissioner.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No, given the context, WISCONSIN and DIVORCE it is almost certainly the FAMILY COURT CLINIC a program where law students offer their time to underrepresented family court litigants. It's administered by several of the state law schools.

Zig's probably got the better context....Family Court Commissioner.
FCC will always be Federal Communication Commission... LMAO... Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">