• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA CYF made us agree to 30 day safety plan - my baby has to stay at parents - caseworker wont return calls!! plz help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hsdr2017

State: PA

Police were called to our home over 10 times in 4 years and were sick of being called to our home with no arrests, etc., They threatened to call CYF if they were called to our home again even though our baby was NEVER in any danger. Well they were called and told me they were calling cyf and they did. They took my baby and I and then my bf to the station. CYF interviewed me and as far as I knew I would be taking my baby home that night. Well they charged me with BS on top of my fiancé being charged with BS and after they told me I was under arrest, CYF told me I would have to sign a safety plan for my baby to be allowed to go home with my parents and that it was only for 30 days and it was so that she wouldn't be taken from me. (P.S. the charges I was arrested for are all false and will ALL be dropped in less than 90 days)!!!

It is now over 3 weeks later. A caseworker came to my parents and talked to my Mom and I and our neighbor because they are only allowing me to have "supervised" visits with my daughter! I went to the prelim and all charges will be dropped in 90 days. CYF caseworker will not return calls, etc.,!!! I want my baby home NOW!
I did D&A assess. and I got lowest recommendation of one 3 hour class. She said I had no problem but she wasn't allowed to say no recommendations so she recommended the least she is allowed to.

I DO have an attorney and he is doing my "criminal" case and my CYF situation. I feel as if he is ignoring me and my parents and I both have asked him to please get my baby back in my FULL custody - no "supervised" visits, etc., ASAP!

*I NEVER received any explanation or was told I would only be allowed to see my daughter while supervised by someone else and that I wouldn't be allowed to bring her home until their safety plan was done!!!! THEY DID NOT EVEN GIVE ME OR MY FIANCE OR MY PARENTS A COPY OF THE SAFETY PLAN OR ANY OTHER PAPERWORK!!!*

The CYF person that was there the night this all happened and inspected my parents home and ran background checks, etc., and made me sign the safety plan was never heard from again. The "assigned" caseworker is a male and he told me he would call after he got my bf to sign in jail and he never called me. I called him that night to be sure he got my boyfriends' approval and he never returned my call. That was 3 WEEKS AGO! I called twice and left voicemails this Tuesday and he STILL has not called me back!

Please help! Can I just notify them in email, or certified mail that whatever "safety plan" was "agreed" to is no longer agreed to and my daughter is legally mine and our family will no longer be dealing with them!?!?!?

I don't feel my attorney is doing enough and he told us to just let him handle it but who knows what that means?! I called yesterday at 1:30 in hopes of having her back today and he STILL has not returned my call. :( The CYF caseworker and my attorney seem to both be letting us down big time! I expected it to an extent from CYF but I hoped my attorney would be way more compassionate and fighting hard to get her back in our loving home ASAP OR at the very WORST I thought he would have explained to me that I am legally not obligated to follow their bullshit safety plan and that they cannot take my baby without a huge amount of work on their part and even then I would expect him to reassure me they would not be taking my baby just because we stopped the safety plan!!!

Someone please help?

quincy

Please stop creating new threads. A single thread is all that is necessary. Thanks.

This thread and 4 of your other identical threads have been reported for deletion. One thread in the family law section has not been reported. You can add additional questions there.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Police were called to our home over 10 times in 4 years and were sick of being called to our home with no arrests, etc.,
Who called the police? Why? Why this time and why all the others? Honestly? That's not....... "normal".

And no, now that CYF is involved, you can not just take your child back. If you don't think your lawyer is doing his best for you, you are free to retain another.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Grow up.

The chaos that resulted in the police being called 10 times is damaging to a child.

That you and your bf want to be drama llamas disturbing everyone around you is on you and only you. The charges are not BS and stop treating them like they're BS and maybe you'll be treated like a responsible adult.

If you truly love your child, then be patient and follow your lawyer's advice. Patiently jump through whatever hoops are thrown at you by CYF, as 3 weeks is nothing compared to, say, 3 years... or longer.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
From another thread:
We live in PA.

The DV charges were false. We are both innocent and neither of us touched, or even threatened each other but police were sick of being called to our house.

He was on probation so is in jail on detainer. They gave me a NO contact order and they also gave him a NO contact order!!! We have a 6 month old baby girl together and have been together for over 7 YEARS!!! I told my lawyer the goal of the preliminary hearing was to get the no contact order dropped and he didn't even ask for it!!

My fiances lawyer told us if we both do the mental health evaluation they will probably drop the no contact order but I am frustrated and pissed off! I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I answer his calls from jail even though we BOTH want to talk to and see each other and we LIVE TOGETHER and he WILL be living at home when he gets out of jail!! I am so ticked. I told my lawyer I want a motion to lift the no contact order filed immediately OR I want a motion to modify the no contact order to no VIOLENT contact order IMMEDIATELY! He is basically playing games and treating me as if I am just stupid or can't think for myself.

Do I go with a different lawyer? Do I tell my lawyer either he files one or the other immediately or I will hire a new attorney? Do I just file the motions myself and hope for the best??!?! Please help!!! He has been in jail 3 weeks now and I thought for sure the no contact order would be dropped at the preliminary hearing! I am heartbroken and he is having such a hard time in jail as it is - he literally would not do ok at all if he weren't able to call me during the day... he says he needs to talk to me to start his day and I understand why because I AM his family - his parents are not very caring and he barely ever seen them before this so now he doesn't really care to talk to them and we both miss and love each other. :(

I can pretty much guarantee that if you continue to break the no contact order, you are going to have problems.

You have a choice: your child or your bf.

So long as you continue with the attitude you have, not even the best lawyer can help you get your child back.

If you want to ever have anything but supervised visits with your child, you have to make your child your priority. Stop violating the no contact order, and get into therapy to figure out how to stop whatever you're doing that's getting the police regularly coming by your place.

But if you really think that you and your bf can't live without each other, then do the kind thing by your child, and accept that another home where the kid has a chance of being loved is better for all.

quincy

This thread is a duplicate (actually, one of 5) and was reported for deletion. The other threads created: one in Legal Ethics, one in Child Custody, one in Sentencing, two in Domestic Violence.

Posts are no longer deleted on report. It would help if people say when a thread is reported and then it would help if others read what was posted. ;)

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
For the second time in as many minutes, I need to state that this poor child should be placed with responsible adults who will put her welfare first.

Neither the OP nor her boyfriend/whatever appear to fit that description. Frankly, if it were me, I'd be fighting tooth and nail to make sure this child was not returned to this OP.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This thread is a duplicate (actually, one of 5) and was reported for deletion. The other threads created: one in Legal Ethics, one in Child Custody, one in Sentencing, two in Domestic Violence.

Posts are no longer deleted on report. It would help if people say when a thread is reported and then it would help if others read what was posted. ;)
Well I will say this one has DIFFERENT information -- the name of the state for one and the fact that the OP doesn't follow court orders when she is under a no contact order and keeps accepting jail calls from the fiancé (also under a no contact order) -- thus both are doing the wrong thing and breaking the law and OP can actually be criminally charged for accepting said calls. There is so much more I could say but....

hsdr2017

1. The police were never called when my baby was home in the past. This was the first time she was home.

2. He is an alcoholic. He needed to hit rock bottom. They were called only when alcohol was involved and my baby was NOT home at those times. This time he was drunk and I cannot go into more detail, however, our baby was never in any danger and I wasn't either.

I just want to know how to get my baby back home and I want to know how to get the no contact order between my bf and I dropped.

hsdr2017

Who called the police? Why? Why this time and why all the others? Honestly? That's not....... "normal".

And no, now that CYF is involved, you can not just take your child back. If you don't think your lawyer is doing his best for you, you are free to retain another.
Am I able to send you a private message to explain further? I do not want to post "incriminating" details.

Also, CYF is involved but it was a VOLUNTARY safety plan for 30 days. When the 30 days is up, the contract is over as far as my understanding. CYF did not take us to court or anything of the sort.

Just Blue

1. The police were never called when my baby was home in the past. This was the first time she was home.

2. He is an alcoholic. He needed to hit rock bottom. They were called only when alcohol was involved and my baby was NOT home at those times. This time he was drunk and I cannot go into more detail, however, our baby was never in any danger and I wasn't either.

I just want to know how to get my baby back home and I want to know how to get the no contact order between my bf and I dropped.
Based on all the info you provided you need MHC. The baby need to be far away fro you and Dad.

hsdr2017

From another thread:
We live in PA.

The DV charges were false. We are both innocent and neither of us touched, or even threatened each other but police were sick of being called to our house.

He was on probation so is in jail on detainer. They gave me a NO contact order and they also gave him a NO contact order!!! We have a 6 month old baby girl together and have been together for over 7 YEARS!!! I told my lawyer the goal of the preliminary hearing was to get the no contact order dropped and he didn't even ask for it!!

My fiances lawyer told us if we both do the mental health evaluation they will probably drop the no contact order but I am frustrated and pissed off! I feel like I'm doing something wrong when I answer his calls from jail even though we BOTH want to talk to and see each other and we LIVE TOGETHER and he WILL be living at home when he gets out of jail!! I am so ticked. I told my lawyer I want a motion to lift the no contact order filed immediately OR I want a motion to modify the no contact order to no VIOLENT contact order IMMEDIATELY! He is basically playing games and treating me as if I am just stupid or can't think for myself.

Do I go with a different lawyer? Do I tell my lawyer either he files one or the other immediately or I will hire a new attorney? Do I just file the motions myself and hope for the best??!?! Please help!!! He has been in jail 3 weeks now and I thought for sure the no contact order would be dropped at the preliminary hearing! I am heartbroken and he is having such a hard time in jail as it is - he literally would not do ok at all if he weren't able to call me during the day... he says he needs to talk to me to start his day and I understand why because I AM his family - his parents are not very caring and he barely ever seen them before this so now he doesn't really care to talk to them and we both miss and love each other. :(

I can pretty much guarantee that if you continue to break the no contact order, you are going to have problems.

You have a choice: your child or your bf.

So long as you continue with the attitude you have, not even the best lawyer can help you get your child back.

If you want to ever have anything but supervised visits with your child, you have to make your child your priority. Stop violating the no contact order, and get into therapy to figure out how to stop whatever you're doing that's getting the police regularly coming by your place.

But if you really think that you and your bf can't live without each other, then do the kind thing by your child, and accept that another home where the kid has a chance of being loved is better for all.

Why do you feel her own parents can't provide her the love she deserves? Her daddy is an alcoholic and does need help to make sure he never drinks again when he gets out of jail. Her mommy is sober and she is my priority. I exclusively breastfed her the first 3 months and I've been a stay at home mom making sure she is happy and taken care of and learning and playing every single day since she was born - which by the way I also fought for considering the high risk OB tried to tell me the diagnosis of Vasa Previa and Velamentous Cord Insertion had suddenly vanished at 33 weeks. I demanded a C-section and I was told by my OB that she was lucky I didn't stop until they agreed to bring her out early at 38 weeks. She had the cord around her neck twice, true knot in her cord and the Velamentous Cord Insertion was confirmed. I would hardly consider myself a hero for doing right by my own daughter, my son was stillborn in 2016 at 33 weeks and I was NOT going to allow incompetent doctors to rule my care of my baby. She is alive today because I stood up for her. I love her more than anything in the world and I wouldn't put her in harms way - EVER. So maybe step off your high horse and either answer the question as to the 30 day safety plan or my other about the no contact order OR don't bother with your assumptions.

If I didn't care about getting her back, I would not be posting everywhere I can think of TO GET HER BACK HOME!

Also, the caseworker for CYF AGREED that the person who setup the safety plan had no idea what she was doing and he told me all I needed to get done was the drug and alcohol assessment. I completed the assessment and I was told by the woman who did it that I didn't have any problem and she would recommend nothing but CYF makes them do a "minimum" recommendation of one 3 hour class. I already scheduled that class and will complete it and all of the requests by CYF will have been completed satisfactory. There is absolutely no reason she can't come home.

hsdr2017

It's funny heroin addicts and druggies and people who are involved in dangerous or violent crimes and live in DESPICABLE and FILTHY homes keep their babies somehow and then OD with the poor babies at home who have to call 911 or sometimes literally starve because of their parents ACTUALLY NOT CARING - but I as a parent who DOES actually care and take care of my babygirl is told I shouldn't get her back by some judgemental pricks who don't know me or even the situation as to what happened. The police were called so many times in the past because my bf is an alcoholic plain and simple. Try to reason with an alcoholic - good luck!! My baby wasn't ever there when the police were called in the past.

OH, and for your information, I took my baby to my parents house and slept there SO MANY TIMES for the first couple of months because I did NOT want him to be around her when he did come home drunk. He is not violent but I don't trust anyone who is drunk around my baby. I do put my baby first and I always have. I just don't feel the need to include (in my opinion) unnecessary details to "prove" I am a good Mom - I only want my legal question answered as to CYF safety plans and when I can take my baby home and what I should do if my caseworker is not responding, and nobody at CYF has handed us a copy of anything, or emailed us a copy of anything or mailed us a copy of anything; therefore, I need to know where I need to go or how I need to get a copy of the safety plan that I should have already received a copy of from the start.

Thank you, all. Especially thank you to those who have either been judgemental and kept their assumptions to themselves, or those who did not assume anything about my baby and our relationship.

Just Blue

It's funny heroin addicts and druggies and people who are involved in dangerous or violent crimes and live in DESPICABLE and FILTHY homes keep their babies somehow and then OD with the poor babies at home who have to call 911 or sometimes literally starve because of their parents ACTUALLY NOT CARING - but I as a parent who DOES actually care and take care of my babygirl is told I shouldn't get her back by some judgemental pricks who don't know me or even the situation as to what happened. The police were called so many times in the past because my bf is an alcoholic plain and simple. Try to reason with an alcoholic - good luck!! My baby wasn't ever there when the police were called in the past.

OH, and for your information, I took my baby to my parents house and slept there SO MANY TIMES for the first couple of months because I did NOT want him to be around her when he did come home drunk. He is not violent but I don't trust anyone who is drunk around my baby. I do put my baby first and I always have. I just don't feel the need to include (in my opinion) unnecessary details to "prove" I am a good Mom - I only want my legal question answered as to CYF safety plans and when I can take my baby home and what I should do if my caseworker is not responding, and nobody at CYF has handed us a copy of anything, or emailed us a copy of anything or mailed us a copy of anything; therefore, I need to know where I need to go or how I need to get a copy of the safety plan that I should have already received a copy of from the start.

Thank you, all. Especially thank you to those who have either been judgemental and kept their assumptions to themselves, or those who did not assume anything about my baby and our relationship.
Q4P.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">