• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with 2nd degree threat to do bodily harm.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I think I provided you with a link to the wrong law. Here is another link (PC 120.14):
https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/penal-law/pen-sect-120-14.html
We don't know what the OP was charged with so it's hard to say at this point. The charge she originally referenced does not exist.

She needs to provide the actual section of the law she was charged with violating (which you did ask for).

By the way, we don't call it "PC" in NY - it's "PL". ;)

quincy

You really need
We don't know what the OP was charged with so it's hard to say at this point. The charge she originally referenced does not exist.

She needs to provide the actual section of the law she was charged with violating (which you did ask for).

Ah, New York. Always has to mix things up. :)

I looked over the summons I do not see anything that says section.

quincy

I looked over the summons I do not see anything that says section.
Do you have your ticket?

It appears that, with your attorney mentioning the possibility of 30 days in jail, you have been charged with a Class A misdemeanor.

Your attorney will know if the charge can be reduced or dismissed or if you could be eligible for a diversion program that keeps the charge from appearing on your criminal record.

Good luck.

Do you have your ticket?

It appears that, with your attorney mentioning the possibility of 30 days in jail, you have been charged with a Class A misdemeanor.

Your attorney will know if the charge can be reduced or dismissed or if you could be eligible for a diversion program that keeps the charge from appearing on your criminal record.

Good luck.
I have the summons

The charge is PL 2
It doesn't appear from what you found that the charge is noted on the summons. You can ask your attorney what exactly you are charged with so you can look up online the elements of the crime.
It is white and it is a criminal summons it says 10JDS Criminal Summons.
The charge is PL 240.26 01
The charge is harassment 2nd Physical Contact

quincy

The charge is PL 2

It is white and it is a criminal summons it says 10JDS Criminal Summons.
The charge is PL 240.26 01
The charge is harassment 2nd Physical Contact
Oh. That is relatively good news that I sort of circled around with my previous links.

There is no 30-day-in-jail penalty for this violation. A 15 day jail sentence is possible (but not probable).

Because PL 240.26 is a violation, it does not become part of your criminal record.

Here is yet another link (this one to the law you were actually charged under :)):

https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/penal-laws/pen-sect-240-26.html

Oh. That is relatively good news that I sort of circled around with my previous links.

There is no 30-day-in-jail penalty for this violation. A 15 day jail sentence is possible (but not probable).

Because PL 240.26 is a violation, it does not become part of your criminal record.

Here is yet another link (this one to the law you were actually charged under :)):

https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/penal-laws/pen-sect-240-26.html
I appreciate all your help I hopefully can sleep better tonight. This court stuff has made m

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">