• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suing my ex-wife for $1.1 million for lying in family court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Litargo

I am suing my ex-wife for $1.1 million for destroying my life by lying in Family Court. When I say destroying my life, I do not mean that as a colloquialism. The ways I had to live a normal, happy life are no longer available to me due to the psychological damage which she has caused. Now before you all chime in telling me I should not waste my time, etc. I want to point out 2 things:

I am an activist and I am doing this in the hope to set a precedent making people think twice about lying in Family Court. (I will not be able to collect since she has no money). Lying in Family Court goes unpunished and has destroyed a great number of families and brought suffering on the children.

there are past cases were people have prevailed in court with similarly high judgments due to false accusations made by their spouse.

If I lose I will appeal. If I lose the appeal I will try to go to the supreme court.

These are the damages I will be claiming in court:

years of emotional callousness and torture and war on ethnic differences
protection order false claims
criminal persecution (5 police reports filed, 1 false, 4 frivolous)
legal persecution (motion after motion, accusations of child abuse)
eradicated my social life (we live in a small town, people turned away from me)
lost community- friends, family, psychologically unable to get make new friends
lost parent friends and community for my son
unable to date (terrified, who would want me in this state?)
slander - stigma, shame and discrimination through accusations (distribution of slanderous materials)
fear of leaving home and being in public - (small town. like being driven out of town)
destroyed life vision - wanted to form homeschooling community, people turned away
lost civil liberties (had to turn in passport due to fear I might abduct child)
health issues - medications side effects - unable to exercise - weight gain
stress - took years off his life (heart issues in family) - grey hair since December
took away music from my life other joys of life
she engaged in blackmail and coercion
lost life savings through legal costs
financial loss through housemates (they no longer trust me with their children) , difficult to rent out space because I tell truth
emotional devastation -never able to fully recover
all my life activities stopped and my full time job and focus is to defend myself and get my son back
child taken away through false (and unsubstantiated) claims of child abuse - worst. Visits instead of parenting. I live for my child

I would like to add that in 2015 I posted a detailed, personal account of my marriage on the Internet which I thought to be free speech, but the judge considered it harassment. Her case built up on that but all her other claims are fabricated and I have proof of many of the lies. I have currently appeals going to the protection order and parenting plan change and I am also currently suing the police department and the prosecutor and one psychologist, most of them for bias as false and negative information keeps echoing between these institutions and the judges.

I am figuring that these are the applicable statutes:

malicious prosecution (or abuse of process)
libel slander defamation
ethnic discrimination (I am a foreigner and I feel that many of my ex’ claims are an attack on cultural differences)
false light
intentional infliction of emotional distress
coercion

I would be very appreciated if you get some general feedback (other than trying to dissuade me which will not help :) and I also have a question in regards to finding a good lawyer:

I live in a small town in northern Washington but I am thinking about searching for lawyer in Seattle because they probably have better and more lawyers to choose from. What type of lawyer am I looking for? Personal injury?

Secondly, are there any objective ways of measuring how capable a lawyer is? I know there are websites that supposedly rate lawyers but I do not trust those sites. I want the best, most creative, out-of-the-box thinking, aggressive lawyer money can buy.

Thank you kindly for your feedback

HRZ

IF you wish to play Don Qxiote and have a big big bankroll I'm sure some attorney will help with you spend it ...and even if you prove 100% of everything your ex ever said was a lie. And she deliberately ruined your life over ethnic differences ...I doubt your quest even gets a footnote in legal history...give the same funds to your favorite recognized charity and take a stiff drink or two or three and move on with your life

Just Blue

I suggest you hire a stellar psychiatrist to help you. You may find that is money better and more productively spend towards getting your life back to what it was prior to the divorce.

I wish you the very best..

Blue

LdiJ

I do not even know where to start with what is wrong with your thinking.

If you have actually found Washington St case law that matches your situation, and where the person in your shoes won the case, then I would recommend that you consult the attorneys that fought those cases. They would be the best judge of whether or not you have a viable case and the ones most likely to think the way you want them to think.

However, I also strongly recommend that you consider seeing a therapist as well. While a very hostile divorce can do a lot of damage to someone's psyche it should not have caused you the kind of lasting damage you are claiming, and if it has, then you need counseling to help you recover from that damage.

adjusterjack

Litargo: How many websites are you going to post this on. This is the second one I've seen and you're getting the same answers.

quincy

I am suing my ex-wife for $1.1 million for destroying my life by lying in Family Court....

I am an activist and I am doing this in the hope to set a precedent making people think twice about lying in Family Court ... Lying in Family Court goes unpunished ...

legal persecution (motion after motion, accusations of child abuse)...

... I am figuring that these are the applicable statutes:

libel slander defamation
ethnic discrimination (I am a foreigner and I feel that many of my ex’ claims are an attack on cultural differences)
false light
coercion
What is said in the course of and with reference to a judicial proceeding by any judge, juror, party, witness, or advocate is absolutely privileged.

Absolute privilege covers these statements, no matter how false the statements are, and immunizes the speakers from civil actions (although perjury could be charged).

What is stated in police reports is covered by a qualified privilege, which immunizes the reporter from a civil action if the privilege is exercised properly (for honest purpose and with lack of malice).

I see nothing to support a $1.1 million lawsuit.

Last edited:

Eekamouse

I am suing my ex-wife for $1.1 million for destroying my life by lying in Family Court. When I say destroying my life, I do not mean that as a colloquialism. The ways I had to live a normal, happy life are no longer available to me due to the psychological damage which she has caused. Now before you all chime in telling me I should not waste my time, etc. I want to point out 2 things:

I am an activist and I am doing this in the hope to set a precedent making people think twice about lying in Family Court. (I will not be able to collect since she has no money). Lying in Family Court goes unpunished and has destroyed a great number of families and brought suffering on the children.

there are past cases were people have prevailed in court with similarly high judgments due to false accusations made by their spouse.

If I lose I will appeal. If I lose the appeal I will try to go to the supreme court.

legal persecution (motion after motion, accusations of child abuse)
eradicated my social life (we live in a small town, people turned away from me)
lost community- friends, family, psychologically unable to get make new friends
lost parent friends and community for my son
unable to date (terrified, who would want me in this state?)
slander - stigma, shame and discrimination through accusations (distribution of slanderous materials)
fear of leaving home and being in public - (small town. like being driven out of town)
destroyed life vision - wanted to form homeschooling community, people turned away
lost civil liberties (had to turn in passport due to fear I might abduct child)
health issues - medications side effects - unable to exercise - weight gain
stress - took years off his life (heart issues in family) - grey hair since December
took away music from my life other joys of life
she engaged in blackmail and coercion
lost life savings through legal costs
financial loss through housemates (they no longer trust me with their children) , difficult to rent out space because I tell truth
emotional devastation -never able to fully recover
all my life activities stopped and my full time job and focus is to defend myself and get my son back
child taken away through false (and unsubstantiated) claims of child abuse - worst. Visits instead of parenting. I live for my child

I would like to add that in 2015 I posted a detailed, personal account of my marriage on the Internet which I thought to be free speech, but the judge considered it harassment. Her case built up on that but all her other claims are fabricated and I have proof of many of the lies. I have currently appeals going to the protection order and parenting plan change and I am also currently suing the police department and the prosecutor and one psychologist, most of them for bias as false and negative information keeps echoing between these institutions and the judges.

I am figuring that these are the applicable statutes:

libel slander defamation
false light
coercion

I would be very appreciated if you get some general feedback (other than trying to dissuade me which will not help :) and I also have a question in regards to finding a good lawyer:

I live in a small town in northern Washington but I am thinking about searching for lawyer in Seattle because they probably have better and more lawyers to choose from. What type of lawyer am I looking for? Personal injury?

Secondly, are there any objective ways of measuring how capable a lawyer is? I know there are websites that supposedly rate lawyers but I do not trust those sites. I want the best, most creative, out-of-the-box thinking, aggressive lawyer money can buy.

Thank you kindly for your feedback
You aren't going to get anywhere suing her for your own emotional issues. I'm sure her side of the story differs greatly from yours and she can trot out all sorts of claims of what you've put her through.

Litargo

I didn't expect to be ridiculed. And my questions were not answered. I assume everyone wants to end lying in court. Change in the system only comes from trying.

quincy

I didn't expect to be ridiculed. And my questions were not answered. I assume everyone wants to end lying in court. Change in the system only comes from trying.
Your questions were answered. You cannot base a lawsuit on comments made in court or in court filings or on what is said in police reports.

But you are welcome to search for an attorney in your area to look at the facts you present and this attorney can offer you a personal assessment.

From what you have disclosed in your posts here, however, there appears to be no legal action for you to pursue - and certainly no action with a potential million dollars plus in damages.

What cases did you find that you think are similar to your situation that led to a high awards of damages? If you can provide the names of these cases, this might help us see why you think you have an action to consider.

LdiJ

I told you to consult with the attorneys who won the cases that you said that you found. I was not the only person to tell you that. That honestly WAS answering your question.

quincy

I told you to consult with the attorneys who won the cases that you said that you found. I was not the only person to tell you that. That honestly WAS answering your question.
Litargo received several valid answers to his questions.

But he has so far failed to answer ours. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">