• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

May 2018 Forum Update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.
That dry heat's getting to ya, aj.

justalayman

Ok. New issue for me. At times I type a resply but change my mind and decide to not post it. It seems I cannot delete the post. I have tried closing the window (I open threads in a new window/tabs). I have actually deleted the entire post and then closed the tab/window. When I come back to that thread later, there is my post I thought I deleted in all it’s splendor.

The only successful method I’ve had is to delete the unwanted message and insert a short meaningless entry (like; 1111111111). I post that then I can delete that reply.

How do I delete a reply that I decided to not post?

FlyingRon

XF assumes that if you leave a page after starting a post it was possibly in error and automatically restore it.

You need to actually delete the text (control-A, DELETE) to make it stop restoring it.

Actually, this is the CORRECT BEHAVIOR compared to vB's. vB asks you "if you're sure" which is a pita.

Last edited:

Just Blue

Ok. New issue for me. At times I type a resply but change my mind and decide to not post it. It seems I cannot delete the post. I have tried closing the window (I open threads in a new window/tabs). I have actually deleted the entire post and then closed the tab/window. When I come back to that thread later, there is my post I thought I deleted in all it’s splendor.

The only successful method I’ve had is to delete the unwanted message and insert a short meaningless entry (like; 1111111111). I post that then I can delete that reply.

Yeah...this has happened to me as well ...

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

I have observed this same problem.

Additionally, with mutipost reply, it only works on one page at a time. So, say there's a post on page 1 and a post on page 3 that I want to quote in a reply, I have to use workaround like cut and paste, or have more than one post. There are sometimes good reasons to want to do such a thing.

justalayman

I have observed this same problem.

Additionally, with mutipost reply, it only works on one page at a time. So, say there's a post on page 1 and a post on page 3 that I want to quote in a reply, I have to use workaround like cut and paste, or have more than one post. There are sometimes good reasons to want to do such a thing.
So there is no more multi quote? I hadn’t noticed

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">