• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I possibly collect from this person?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZ

A single email is a very weak card , you best do a better job of bluffing and documentation .

Your efforts might be more productive to send a contribution to a local charity and have a stiff drink and more on.

A single email is a very weak card , you best do a better job of bluffing and documentation .

Your efforts might be more productive to send a contribution to a local charity and have a stiff drink and more on.
Have a ledger card stating advancements, dates even check numbers, her email is simply her admitting what she owed, you can argue weak but better than nothing

Better yet I'll tell her take my $ and make a contrib to local animal shelter! I'm sure shes on that :)

Your postings here show that you're not actually over her.
Zigner I know you mean well, really I do and thank you for the words of concern but believe me my ONLY issue with this woman is financial. I dont want her back, I dont long for her and wish her the best. What stings is doing so much for someone and they clearly screw you over intentionally. For that, yes I prob should talk to someone, I have decided to let the bitterness go but pursue the debt as long shot as it is. I cant move on when I am fixated on such a bad experience.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Agreed, I had in the context of I want her back, certainly not! But time to assign this to outside collector, stay out of it and move on. 5K when I'm trying to dig out of debt myself is substanial
There is no outside collector that will take this.

There is no outside collector that will take this.
Actually there is, I am self employed and use one that I have already conferred with and they will try......but maybe not take her to small claims due to she has almost nothing. I think they will use that as a threat and they can mess w her credit for 7 yrs if nothing else

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Actually there is, I am self employed and use one that I have already conferred with and they will try......but maybe not take her to small claims due to she has almost nothing. I think they will use that as a threat and they can mess w her credit for 7 yrs if nothing else
I guess you've got it all figured out.
Of course, messing with her credit also isn't going to happen in this sort of case...but you have at it.

I guess you've got it all figured out.
Of course, messing with her credit also isn't going to happen in this sort of case...but you have at it.
Oh I'm not holding my breath.....I think it was Micheal Jordon or Wayne Gretzky said you miss every shot you dont take! Time to move on....but thanks for taking time to reply, it all helps beleive me

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Here's what I don't get.

She's on a limited income. She does not have the money to pay you. So you "mess with her credit" making her financial situation even more difficult, and now it's even harder for her to pay you.

Other than making you feel big and powerful because you showed her who was boss, how does that help you? You're now even further away from your money.

Just Blue

Here's what I don't get.

She's on a limited income. She does not have the money to pay you. So you "mess with her credit" making her financial situation even more difficult, and now it's even harder for her to pay you.

Other than making you feel big and powerful because you showed her who was boss, how does that help you? You're now even further away from your money.
I'm "guessing" that OP wants to have some type of contact/control over the ex. Negative attention is better than no attention. :(

Maybe you are all great financial advisors but not so great psychological analyzers as some of the comments about me are amusing to say the least albeit not factual but thats ok. Maybe some of you are wealthy enough to let 5K go without serious collection attempts and if so, that too is OK, hope you all live to be 100 and enjoy yr wealth!

But for a struggling small businessman who is trying to collect a debt that is rightfully owed me, well this amt is quite large. Me thinks she is sitting on more than enough funds to pay.

To sum it up, right from my keyboard, is this sentence: Pay me what is owed me and I will forever go away

Thats it, really a simple concept.

But thanks again for the input, always appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">