• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I possibly collect from this person?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'll have to consult with an attorney to get my question answered. here seems to be a good source, anyone have suggestions ?
Also anyone know what the highest interest rate I can charge in Illinois for a personal loan? Thanks again
If you had no agreement to charge interest, then you can't charge interest.
This forum is not an attorney referral service, and it's likely to cost you much more for an attorney than it's worth, (with no guarantee of success). Methinks it might be time to stop playing the part of the scorned lover and simply let this go.

HRZ

I think you have a super weak set of issues ...but if your ego demands satisfaction you are free to take her to small claims court and seek a judgement for the $5000 you claim ......that does not mean you actually get paid if you prevail ...only that the court grants you a license to hunt for it .

Maybe not my ego, we been split for long time, its my wallet that demands satisfaction.
She has a niece that is lawyer but I dont think they get along very well
If I can come up with a APR, I'll do that
If she wants to keep the funds at least make her work for it or squem a bit for it. Sorry if thats not whats matters here
May the karma Gods have mercy on her, I certainly wish nothing bad on her

You can't retroactively change the agreement to include interest. Of course, you'd be awarded interest if you win in court, but prior to that...no.
I guess I could call her bluff in an attempt to get her to start payments. Thats all I want, a repayment plan. Instead she is playing the victim and claiming she owes me nothing even after I sent her an email where she admits owing full amt.

I knew she was a shyster when her words to me were "I thought it was 5k" when she wrote me a check for 5K, she said it very meekly and with no conviction or sincerity.

I dont miss her but miss her dog greatly!

Zigner

I guess I could call her bluff in an attempt to get her to start payments. Thats all I want, a repayment plan. Instead she is playing the victim and claiming she owes me nothing even after I sent her an email where she admits owing full amt.

I knew she was a shyster when her words to me were "I thought it was 5k" when she wrote me a check for 5K, she said it very meekly and with no conviction or sincerity.

I dont miss her but miss her dog greatly!
Wait, are you saying that all you want is a promise from her to pay? How'd that work out last time?

Her balance was orginally 10k and she promptly paid 5K after she sold her house. payments not ideal but little something better than nothing

I can understand why some here think this is personal and in a way it is. I put this woman's needs before my own many times, not enough bandwidth to even start, not only lending her the cash, letting er borrow one of my cars after hers got repo'ed, paying her early when she worked for me (countless times) and always helping her maintain her house as she was a single divorced woman living alone, all this AFTER we broke up

If I had mistreated her, cheated on her (no) and disrespected her I prob wouldnt be so adamant about trying to collect this. This is the most blatant back stabbing I have ever received, And I need to get past that, I will forgive her for intentionally trying to rip me off but I wont forgive her debt to me

OK sorry for rant, sorry if I got off point

Zigner

You've received a lot of information here - now you get to decide what you want to do. Best of luck to you.

ETA: I would suggest therapy to help you get over this woman.

PayrollHRGuy

You want her on a payment plan? Sue her, get a judgment, when she doesn't pay (and she certainly won't) garnish her wages. Theirs your payment plan.

You've received a lot of information here - now you get to decide what you want to do. Best of luck to you.

ETA: I would suggest therapy to help you get over this woman.
I been over her for years, this debt is what the issue is, if she pays me I will never see her, contact her or have any interaction with her period. She appears to hate me, which is a strong emotion indicating a fine line between that and love. I been single my whole life and the opposite of love isnt hate its indifference from my experience. Past the $ owed I'm very indifferent. Wish she find a millionaire who would pay me!
But thanks for the well wishes! yes time to move forward with this

She has a online photography biz....she does things for money, she actually is a hard worker and also a great marketer and sales person. But a poor money manager.

In fact its been suggested that I offer to knock off $100 a month off her balance if she were to write up marketing and sales promos for my business and take over that end of it. SHe was the best I had in that area. But I dont trust her even though that would be up her alley and she could do it from her PC at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">