• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NDR Pointer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

golfguy

I am in NYS. I have an NDR pointer on my record which is a factor in not being licensed.
Is there any way to have it removed?
Thanks.

quincy

I am in NYS. I have an NDR pointer on my record which is a factor in not being licensed.
Is there any way to have it removed?
Thanks.
You will need to contact the state DMV that placed the restriction on the NDR and pay any fines that are owing and pay to have your license reinstated.

What was the reason for the restriction?

Last edited:

golfguy

I'm thinking it was placed by GA in 1994. An uninsured driver crashed a car I had rented. The accident went on my record even though I wasn't driving.

quincy

I'm thinking it was placed by GA in 1994. An uninsured driver crashed a car I had rented. The accident went on my record even though I wasn't driving.
You will need to get this cleared up before you can get the NDR cleared. An attorney in Georgia might be able to handle this for you long distance.

Last edited:

GuyInNC

I once had the "interesting" problem of the existence of an NDR pointer to someone with my name and DOB (I have a common first and last name). It was in a state that I had never visited. I ended up having to hire an attorney in the 'other state'. Working on this from my state's end of things was a complete waste of time, even though the issue was in my state (there was nothing wrong with the NDR pointer, just an error on the part of my state in assuming that it was me).

Good luck - I found this system to be most frustrating, rigid, and not well conceived (even though it has a very important function). Just be sure that whoever you hire in Ga. really does understand the National Driver Registry and the Problem Driver Pointer System database.

quincy

I agree with GuyInNC that the state of New York cannot remove from the NDR the license restriction if Georgia was the state that reported the revocation or suspension to the NDR.

golfguy will need to get the license issue handled in Georgia and, although he can contact Georgia's DMV to learn what he needs to do, he probably will need the help of an attorney in Georgia to actually do it.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">