• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

How am I being immature?

I am 26 years old, I am in grad school with a masters in nursing.
I am working for a better life while her father sits back and makes my life hell just so he can feed his alcohol addiction.
I am not sure how that is being immature. Saying "keep all of your money and help me" is being immature?

Even with a set schedule, you can't force him to take the child for every moment that he's allowed to. Visitation is a right, not an obligation.

And, you want to know why you are struggling? Because you're a parent. How old are you? (It's a serious question). Your posts come across as you being very immature.

Last edited by a moderator:

PayrollHRGuy

*ALSO*
He also agreed in mediation and had it signed by a judge to put my name on our car title and did not do that. Can that still be enforced?
I missed this the first time around. The answer is it depends on how long ago that agreement was ordered but you likely can.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How am I being immature?

I am working for a better life while her father sits back and makes my life hell just so he can feed his alcohol addiction.
I am not sure how that is being immature. Saying "keep all of your money and help me" is being immature?
May I suggest that you seek therapy to help you understand and work through the mental and emotional challenges that you are facing? This is a serious statement. You sound to be selfish, jealous, immature, and on the edge.
(Your post was reported due to the language you used.

Zigner

Thank you PayrollHRGuy for touching on that. How is the car presently titled? Is there a loan on it?

EDIT: Also, did you have an attorney during your court proceedings? Did he?

PayrollHRGuy

How am I being immature?

your lack of understanding of adult life shows. Life isn't fair. You need to get used to that.

It was just in August of 2018
Yes you should take action to enforce the order. That was all of 2 months ago, of course, it is still effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
May I suggest that you seek therapy to help you understand and work through the mental and emotional challenges that you are facing? This is a serious statement. You sound to be selfish, jealous, immature, and on the edge.
T
LOL dude. Yea, I am in therapy dealing with my issues.
Thanks for trying to make me feel bad?
Please do not comment anymore.

HRZ

You are both likely to be wrong ....many a parent has a changing work schedule ...and I would suggest both of you bend over backwards to make visitation work.

and picking up a child at 5 :30 or 6 pm is no big deal...

DAd is wrong about CS issues .

PS if you quit your job to have more stable lifestyle a court might impute the missing earnings to you anyway .

IF your new order were say to give her m Friday visitation ...that's a right not a duty .

you might investigate a paid day care provider so as you can maintain your work schedule .

BTW what degree program are you n and how is it destined to improve your child's life. , as you see it ?

Thank you PayrollHRGuy for touching on that. How is the car presently titled? Is there a loan on it?

EDIT: Also, did you have an attorney during your court proceedings? Did he?
PayrollHRGuy lol
Sooo. The car is in his name and it has been paid off for a while.
We got a brand new car is both of our names, he has that and it is on a lease.
He agreed in mediation to put my name on the title within 10 days and did not.
No lawyers were in the room but we had it signed by a judge to make it binding.
He talked me out of making him do it or reporting him and I just tried to believe that he would not take my car again.
I left him and now he demands for his car back.

You are both likely to be wrong ....many a parent has a changing work schedule ...and I would suggest both of you bend over backwards to make visitation work.

and picking up a child at 5 :30 or 6 pm is no big deal...

DAd is wrong about CS issues .

PS if you quit your job to have more stable lifestyle a court might impute the missing earnings to you anyway .

IF your new order were say to give her m Friday visitation ...that's a right not a duty .

you might investigate a paid day care provider so as you can maintain your work schedule .

BTW what degree program are you n and how is it destined to improve your child's life. , as you see it ?

I do not want to quit my job at all.
It does not even have to be Monday-Friday.
I can literally work with ANYTHING. as long as it is set and followed without harassment or arguing.
I am in Grad school with my Masters in Nursing. If I could actually graduate, I would have SO MUCH MORE MONEY. I would not have work but THREE days a week. If he would work with me so that I can graduate it would be so much better on ALL of us.
He would not even let me pick my baby up for ONE hour to have her pictures taken on one of the warmest days of fall.
He just wants to make me upset and stressed

Zigner

Take him to court for contempt on the car issue. You likely won't be able to do anything about the visitation so soon after the order.

Zigner

I do not want to quit my job at all.
It does not even have to be Monday-Friday.
I can literally work with ANYTHING. as long as it is set and followed without harassment or arguing.
You cannot force him to take the child. It really is that simple.
I am in Grad school with my Masters in Nursing. If I could actually graduate, I would have SO MUCH MORE MONEY. I would not have work but THREE days a week. If he would work with me so that I can graduate it would be so much better on ALL of us.
Then you're going to have a struggle.
He would not even let me pick my baby up for ONE hour to have her pictures taken on one of the warmest days of fall.
He just wants to make me upset and stressed
YOUR baby, I'm sure you mean "our" or "his", right. I mean, he IS the child's parent too. Furthermore, you have no right whatsoever to try to take away from his parenting time.

Take him to court for contempt on the car issue. You likely won't be able to do anything about the visitation so soon after the order.
I am always being bullied and manipulated by him.
I have photos and text messages about him beating me up in September.
He is a diagnosed alcoholic who has does therapy but never actually completed a rehab.
I protected someone for years and somehow I am still coming out on the bottom.
I honestly do not understand. It is not like the court is against me, I just do not want anyone to get in trouble.
I just want to finally live a semi NORMAL life.

You cannot force him to take the child. It really is that simple.
Then you're going to have a struggle.
YOUR baby, I'm sure you mean "our" or "his", right. I mean, he IS the child's parent too. Furthermore, you have no right whatsoever to try to take away from his parenting time.
The thing is, when he needs to reschedule or he is late or he randomly misses her and needs to see her, I AM WILLING TO DO IT ALL.
When it comes to me, Nothing but drama.
It is OUR baby, I would never try to keep my baby away from her father and I would never persuade her to feel anything but love for him.
I just want to be decent people who raise a good person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">