• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asaulted with Banana peel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bangot402

I was in class and a professor threw a banana peel at me. I KNOW I KNOW CRAZY RIGHT...I believe it was racial and discriminatory. I was the only black student in class. The school has yet to complete it’s investigation but I did file a grievance. Would I have grounds for a civil suit?

LdiJ

I was in class and a professor threw a banana peel at me. I KNOW I KNOW CRAZY RIGHT...I believe it was racial and discriminatory. I was the only black student in class. The school has yet to complete it’s investigation but I did file a grievance. Would I have grounds for a civil suit?
I am sorry, but I don't see the correlation between a banana peel and a black person. If I am missing something please feel free to educate me, but in order to prove discrimination, you have to prove that you have some damages that are a direct result of you being part of a protected class. I do not see that you have any damages.

Bangot402

I am sorry, but I don't see the correlation between a banana peel and a black person. If I am missing something please feel free to educate me, but in order to prove discrimination, you have to prove that you have some damages that are a direct result of you being part of a protected class. I do not see that you have any damages.
After she threw it she went on to read the I have a dream speech in full while looking directly at me the whole time.

LdiJ

After she threw it she went on to read the I have a dream speech in full while looking directly at me the whole time.
Ok, that might very well get her fired from the company. However getting her fired from the company is different than you being able to sue her for damages. You have to have actual damages in order to be able to prevail in a civil lawsuit.

Bangot402

Ok, that might very well get her fired from the company. However getting her fired from the company is different than you being able to sue her for damages. You have to have actual damages in order to be able to prevail in a civil lawsuit.
What is considered damage in discrimination suits?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">