• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asaulted with Banana peel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I had an office directly outside that of the Chairman of the Board once. He threw staplers. And once a telephone. The desktop kind, not a cell phone.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not that Chairman. Chairman of the Board of Directors for my then-employing company

Though you'd be surprised at some of the people I do work with.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Most of the boards we had in the schools I attended were green, not black, so perhaps green board would work. My apologies to any green people made sick by the use of that term. :LOL:
I had green ones too but they were always called "blackboards".

quincy

When I was in elementary school, a teacher was removed for throwing all sorts of objects at the students. The parents of students in the class protested by taking their kids out of the classroom and they refused to let them return until the teacher was replaced.

The schools in our area have both chalkboards and whiteboards in the classrooms so chalk is still used.

Mass_Shyster

Most of the boards we had in the schools I attended were green, not black, so perhaps green board would work. My apologies to any green people made sick by the use of that term. :LOL:
As a whiskey drinking non-recovering alcoholic, who spends many mornings green around the gills, I find that offensive.

TigerD

For the OP: If you feel you have been discriminated against in a college setting, you should make your complaint to the school's Title IX investigator. Since the OP said she made a complaint, I assume it was with the school's Title IX office. They will investigate and respond.

If the OP would like to engage in a serious discussion of her rights and potential responses - talk to a civil rights attorney or start with either the local ACLU or NAACP.

TD

PS: Joking aside: the times have changed - whether or not there is a racial component, throwing a banana peel at someone is incredibly disrespectful, is most certainly a criminal act, and has no place in a setting of higher education.

Nobody has asked why the teacher threw the banana skin. Whenever a teacher lobbed a missile at me there was always a valid reason, they didn't just do it out of boredom.

Just Blue

Nobody has asked why the teacher threw the banana skin. Whenever a teacher lobbed a missile at me there was always a valid reason, they didn't just do it out of boredom.
Blue politely raises her hand to answer... :)

I asked OP. She was talking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">