• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final hurdle in uncontested divorce from courts, not parties....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjdove007

What is the name of your state? Indiana

The court has suggested we seek legal counsel since they refuse to tell us what they need to finalize our divorce.

We filed our mutual agreement and they had 4 questions, all of which I answered in a sworn affidavit with supporting exhibits.

A week later, the only thing we can get from the clerk is to seek legal counsel to finalize. They literally will not tell us what they want from us. It is also entered in as a note from the judge on the online case information website to seek to seek legal counsel to finalize.

We are on good speaking terms and working together to co-parent our girls. We have no mutual assets or liabilities to divide and he has been paying support since we filed, so there will be no issues in fighting, just need to know what needs to be filed and where to sign.

How can I figure this out?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

The court has suggested we seek legal counsel since they refuse to tell us what they need to finalize our divorce.

We filed our mutual agreement and they had 4 questions, all of which I answered in a sworn affidavit with supporting exhibits.

A week later, the only thing we can get from the clerk is to seek legal counsel to finalize. They literally will not tell us what they want from us. It is also entered in as a note from the judge on the online case information website to seek to seek legal counsel to finalize.

We are on good speaking terms and working together to co-parent our girls. We have no mutual assets or liabilities to divide and he has been paying support since we filed, so there will be no issues in fighting, just need to know what needs to be filed and where to sign.

What do you mean "How can I figure this out?" You were told by the clerk and the judge. You need to seek local legal counsel.

The clerk cannot give you the information, by law.

LdiJ

Where are you in Indiana?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">