• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?
Missouri
My sister is having a divorce (he was the one who divorced her) and she and her husband communicate via an app where the messages are read by the guardian/court. The app I guess is supposed to be as a mean for them to communicate regarding their daughter but he keeps harrasing her, calling her names, and writing false stuff. She doesn't want any contact with him anymore except for issues regarding the child but he keeps harrasing her. Is there any legal way to make him stop? In addition the guardian is biased towards her(she's been in the U.S. for like 6 years) and she sometimes will correct her grammar or treat her like she's less smart. What legal action could it be taken to stop this.

In addition he had gotten a video of her from a party our foreign community was having. It was like a black tie party where only people from our country attended and there was only played folkloric musixlc from our country. Sometimes the singer will offer the microphone to the audience to sing a song with them and she got up and sang because it was one of her favorite songs.
Can this be used in court against her? There is no type of inappropriate behavior in the video, just her singing but he had email her the video and cc his lawyer. Can that be used against her in court?

Thanks in advance!!

PayrollHRGuy

She should be happy that the app keeps a record of her ex's bad messages. She should ignore them and show them to her lawyer.

There is nothing wrong with singing at a party.

She prob needs a new lawyer, whenever she shows him stuff he keeps the husband's side talking about how her husband has rights too. I agree with that concept but he's a horrible man and the lawyer is getting paid to defend my sister not voice his opinion or act according to his ideas/opinions.

She wants a new lawyer, one that will really fight for her.

PayrollHRGuy

She prob needs a new lawyer, whenever she shows him stuff he keeps the husband's side talking about how her husband has rights too. I agree with that concept but he's a horrible man and the lawyer is getting paid to defend my sister not voice his opinion or act according to his ideas/opinions.

I don't know if her lawyer is doing a good job or not, but you really don't either.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

You need to understand that just because her lawyer is EDUCATING her on how the court will view things -- because her husband does have equal rights -- that doesn't mean the lawyer will not for her. You appear to be overstepping.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was going to point a few things out, but since this matter really doesn't concern the OP, I won't. If sis wants help, sis should log on here to ask.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You need to understand that just because her lawyer is EDUCATING her on how the court will view things -- because her husband does have equal rights -- that doesn't mean the lawyer will not for her. You appear to be overstepping.
And further to that - it's entirely possible the GAL is trying to HELP by correcting errors that sis is making with regard to her use of English.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
This is an issue for your sister to deal with, not you. You do not know the whole story - you are an outsider.

Your sister is an adult - if she desires to ask questions she should register here and ask the questions herself. Or better yet, ask her attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">