• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion for reconsideration?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

acooke

My divorce was finalized in a default hearing on 12/20/2018. During the hearing, the judge stated that I had the incorrect child support worksheet and transferred the numbers, and printed a new one that was submitted to the court. When she asked me did I pay for medical I responded yes and just assumed she was transferring the numbers correctly. This mistake resulted in my ex paying $0 child support and getting to claim our minor child on taxes every other year. When I asked the judge during the hearing how does he get to claim her every other year but I am awarded sole custody and he wouldn't pay child support and she responded "it was the guidelines." I asked what if I don't agree with this and she said I could file an appeal.

Because an error was made, I am told I can file a motion for reconsideration, which i believe has a limit of 15 days to file for?

I am not law term savvy and I clearly could not get divorced alone in a default hearing. Even though I asked because I thought there was a mistake, I was shut down with, it's just the guidelines. Although, medical payments and the fact that my ex has a child before the marriage were the only modifications that needed to be made on the worksheet and could have easily been reviewed to make sure numbers were entered correctly.

Not only this, I told the judge, when asked, that my ex told me he works full time but did not want to tell me how much he made. I just assumed minimum wage in DC (where he resides). That is $13.25/hr, so even when she recalculated, she did not calculate the right amount for him. And my income changed since august, so I make more than what was submitted as well, and I think both parties income should be considered.

Within my motion to reconsider, can I ask that wages be pulled from employers for a true fact of wages for both parties?

Are there any pro bono lawyers or lawyers who can work at a discounted rate available to assist with this case?

quincy

My divorce was finalized in a default hearing on 12/20/2018. During the hearing, the judge stated that I had the incorrect child support worksheet and transferred the numbers, and printed a new one that was submitted to the court. When she asked me did I pay for medical I responded yes and just assumed she was transferring the numbers correctly. This mistake resulted in my ex paying $0 child support and getting to claim our minor child on taxes every other year. When I asked the judge during the hearing how does he get to claim her every other year but I am awarded sole custody and he wouldn't pay child support and she responded "it was the guidelines." I asked what if I don't agree with this and she said I could file an appeal.

Because an error was made, I am told I can file a motion for reconsideration, which i believe has a limit of 15 days to file for?
I am not law term savvy and I clearly could not get divorced alone in a default hearing. Even though I asked because I thought there was a mistake, I was shut down with, it's just the guidelines. Although, medical payments and the fact that my ex has a child before the marriage were the only modifications that needed to be made on the worksheet and could have easily been reviewed to make sure numbers were entered correctly.

Not only this, I told the judge, when asked, that my ex told me he works full time but did not want to tell me how much he made. I just assumed minimum wage in DC (where he resides). That is $13.25/hr, so even when she recalculated, she did not calculate the right amount for him. And my income changed since august, so I make more than what was submitted as well, and I think both parties income should be considered.

Within my motion to reconsider, can I ask that wages be pulled from employers for a true fact of wages for both parties?
Are there any pro bono lawyers or lawyers who can work at a discounted rate available to assist with this case?
A link to your other thread where all additional questions and answers should be posted:
http://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/motion-to-correct-mistakes-or-motion-for-reconsideration.651942/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">