• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Surgery with tourist visa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zheer

Question1/ im going to US this week on a tourist visa my question is ihave some acne scars can i go to any doctor near me and recieve treatment like laser surgery
Question2/can i buy medicines from pharmacists near me on tourist visa

LdiJ

Question1/ im going to US this week on a tourist visa my question is ihave some acne scars can i go to any doctor near me and recieve treatment like laser surgery
Question2/can i buy medicines from pharmacists near me on tourist visa
You are perfectly free to get medical care while you are in the US (of course you must pay for it) and you are perfectly free to buy any medicines that the doctors may prescribe to you. I do not know what country you are from, but please note that buying medicines is more restricted in the US (requiring a prescription from a doctor) than in many other countries.

Zheer

You are perfectly free to get medical care while you are in the US (of course you must pay for it) and you are perfectly free to buy any medicines that the doctors may prescribe to you. I do not know what country you are from, but please note that buying medicines is more restricted in the US (requiring a prescription from a doctor) than in many other countries.
Thanks for your response
Really helpful

xylene

buying medicines is more restricted in the US
And DRAMATICALLY more expensive (for no good reason.)

Ask your doctor what medicines you will or may need and see about purchasing them in advance in your home country.

LdiJ

Trying to enter the US with drugs can bring on a whole new set of problems,
Just as entering another country from the US with drugs can bring on a unexpected set of problems as well. From what I remember Japan is particularly difficult about that.

Zheer

Thanks for the responses so far

So whats the difference between medical visa and tourist visa
I mean both of them can get medical care

LdiJ

Thanks for the responses so far

So whats the difference between medical visa and tourist visa
I mean both of them can get medical care
A medical visa might be given to someone who would not normally be given a tourist visa.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">