• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord ran original guarantor out of home now wants to evict the rest of us

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Also my mother who put a protection order against her ex boyfriend the landlord is acting like a middle man relaying messages back and forth to one another. I understand my mother can do what she wants but it's a bit screwed up for the LL to be getting involved in that and causing my mom's ex to break his protection order.

I'm thinking of contacting the authorities to have them reenforce the protection order because now the ex boyfriend knows where my mom lives thanks to the stalking LL.

FarmerJ

Had you researched in your state govt web page links for landlord tenant or asked a legal aid clinic as to exactly how a 3 day notice to a tenant is to be worded when the issue is not about non payment? Since a 3 day notice is supposed to be for a reason such as non payment or say lease violations such as pets that aren't allowed or say some lease issue that the LL believes they have enough proofs to show a court that the tenant has violated the lease.

reenzz

Little update. Starting to get strange but LL left a 3 day notice to vacate taped on the screen door late last night. There's no reason given such as failure to pay rent. No reason in the letter other than they say it's their property and they want it back. Then today I had front door open and she pulls onto the driveway with a camera in her hands points it at me and the house and takes a few pictures then leaves. This was done just before 6 pm pitch dark out, wtf? Night time exterior inspection photos of the house? I call bs. When is it considered landlord harassment???
Have you paid this months rent? I suggest you work this out before she files the eviction. And no, taking photos is not considered harassment.

Had you researched in your state govt web page links for landlord tenant or asked a legal aid clinic as to exactly how a 3 day notice to a tenant is to be worded when the issue is not about non payment? Since a 3 day notice is supposed to be for a reason such as non payment or say lease violations such as pets that aren't allowed or say some lease issue that the LL believes they have enough proofs to show a court that the tenant has violated the lease.
Am I allowed to upload a picture of the eviction notices on here if I blank out names and addresses/phone numbers?

Have you paid this months rent? I suggest you work this out before she files the eviction. And no, taking photos is not considered harassment.
No, this months rent has not been paid. She has told everyone she doesn't want money. She even told the police she doesn't care about money she just wants the house back to rent it to her family and do a rent to own thing. The 3 day notice also does not say anything regarding payment or rent either.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
No, this months rent has not been paid. She has told everyone she doesn't want money. She even told the police she doesn't care about money she just wants the house back to rent it to her family and do a rent to own thing. The 3 day notice also does not say anything regarding payment or rent either.
A 3-day notice must have the reason and a remedy (ie, failure to pay rent is the reason, the remedy is to pay your rent). That said -- you are delaying the inevitable. You need to pay rent or get out -- it really is that simple.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">