• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vision insurance canceled upon termination date, but my last checks still took out the premium

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

torisfall

Georgia
Vision insurance canceled upon termination date, but my last checks still took out the premium.
shouldn't I be allowed to use the coverage until the premium is used?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You're assuming that when the premium is deducted, it's rolling forward for the pay period still to come. That is not always the case - in fact, it is rarely the case. Far, far, far more often when the premium is deducted it is for coverage in the same pay period that the check is for. You are not paying for the coverage in advance; you are paying for it as you go.

If that is the case, and it very likely is, then you are able to use the coverage until the premium is used. It's just that it's not being used beyond the last date of employment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">