• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Billing Code D0180 D0120

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hi, My dentist has been charging me 2 exam codes every visit D0180 & D0120. I know D0180 is more extensive but I am wondering if D0120 is included in that. Or if they are supposed to be coded separately. Please advise. I refuse to go back to this dentist unless I confirm they are correct. Thank you! Nora

xylene

There are many dentists. Don't go back one you don't trust, don't go back to one who charges a lot and DEMAND any dentist be transparent about pricing.

There are many dentists. Don't go back one you don't trust, don't go back to one who charges a lot and DEMAND any dentist be transparent about pricing.
Thank you, that is what I'm leaning towards, I am hoping I can find concrete proof that I should not be charged for both at the same time, so I can go back to them and complain. But yes, I have always had a weird feeling at this place, so it's best to just let it go. Thank you!

Thank you, that is what I'm leaning towards, I am hoping I can find concrete proof that I should not be charged for both at the same time, so I can go back to them and complain. But yes, I have always had a weird feeling at this place, so it's best to just let it go. Thank you!
And they just over charged me 20 cents, albeit 20 cents...but still!!!!!!!! How do they mess that up.....

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi, My dentist has been charging me 2 exam codes every visit D0180 & D0120. I know D0180 is more extensive but I am wondering if D0120 is included in that. Or if they are supposed to be coded separately. Please advise. I refuse to go back to this dentist unless I confirm they are correct. Thank you! Nora
I'm sorry, but your question is not a legal question.

Zigner

If you are covered by insurance, you should ask your insurance. If you are self-pay, then they are entitled to charge what they want. If you don't like it, as mentioned above, go somewhere else.

It's not a legal question...I'm asking about how to correctly code a dentist exam... It should be common knowledge and not some secret.....

Zigner

It's not a legal question...I'm asking about how to correctly code a dentist exam... It should be common knowledge and not some secret.....
Please see the "IMPORTANT NOTICE" below. From that notice: "The FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues."

As you can see, your question is not within the scope of this forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">