• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a discrimination suit be filed if unjustly banned from a Home Depot under false circumstances becuz im black

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
i am a licensed contractor in NJ I was harassed/discriminated against for months by a Home Depot Loss prevention employee who called the Toms River Police on myself and my construction crew because she profiles us as thieves (were Black) even though i spent 4k in the store that day and had receipts. I filed numerous complaints asking the company to assist and nothing was done. late last year while i was there purchasing items for which i have a receipt, i was approached by that same employee and BANNED for use of my cellphone while in the store. I was presented with a letter to sign which i refused and left. Later HD sent a letter stating i was BANNED from all locations for 3 years for being on site for NON business related activities even though i have a receipt. Have Video Proof of all I state -plus i have a Home Depot proXtra Business account under which i spent over 25k on materials within the final quarter of the year not including what my investors and clients spent through me.
[video removed]

Last edited:

xylene

I suggest you:

Seek legal counsel because a lawsuit of this type is not a DIY thing. If lawyers tell you nothing can be done it is very very likely you have no case

Consider escalating your complaint in writing to Home Depot corporate.

Most importantly: You are a licensed pro contractor buying tens of thousands in material. Go to the wholesalers! Get stuff drop shipped from the manufacturers! Even with the discount, HD is ripping you off.

PS: Have a team member go to HD.

I escalated it from Home Depot Customer Care to Sedgwick which hands there claims and was told that since i claim discrimination now they cant help. I submitted the video proving what i say and i was told that i had a valid claim by a sedgwick employee but sedgwick didnt handle discrimination issue for Home Depot. I am lost on what to do now, I complained about this 1 employee for months to HD corporate, Store Managment and Sedgwick and have gotten no where now i have been banned for 3 years when I did nothing wrong but shop. and i have it recorded on video where employee states she banning me for being on my phone then when i ask how she admits she never told me but another gentlemen standing next to me and home depot has no policy against instore cell phone use

Ilsucks

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
i am a licensed contractor in NJ I was harassed/discriminated against for months by a Home Depot Loss prevention employee who called the Toms River Police on myself and my construction crew because she profiles us as thieves (were Black) even though i spent 4k in the store that day and had receipts. I filed numerous complaints asking the company to assist and nothing was done. late last year while i was there purchasing items for which i have a receipt, i was approached by that same employee and BANNED for use of my cellphone while in the store. I was presented with a letter to sign which i refused and left. Later HD sent a letter stating i was BANNED from all locations for 3 years for being on site for NON business related activities even though i have a receipt. Have Video Proof of all I state -plus i have a Home Depot proXtra Business account under which i spent over 25k on materials within the final quarter of the year not including what my investors and clients spent through me

It's not a race issue dude. We all get segregated or something. It's just life.

xylene

Nothing on that video was explicitly racist.

There was no racial language used. Not even any dog whistles or coded language.

We had been filing complaints since August on that employee for numerous incidents of harassment. Never disrespected her and never stole anything! Only purchased in and out no hassles. On the Video she says shes banning me for cell use but i got a letter stating i had been banned for NON business related activities even though i was there purchasing when she approached as you observed, you can even hear me on the phone with a client in the beginning of the video.

[link removed]

Didn't watch the video. Don't need to.
[link removed]

Maybe if I was white or a lighter color you would be more sympathetic. All placed here clearly shows im at no fault yet look at the responses. Its a said say when a man hardworking and trouble free can get no justice

PayrollHRGuy

I don't need to watch the video because I have faith in the other senior member that said there was nothing race related in the video.

The fact that you have linked it at least 3 times now is simply supporting my original but not voiced suspicion that you are trying to get views.

If you really think they are banning you simply because of your race feel free to find a lawyer and sue them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">