• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

particularly , the state california laws, innocents are being violated and many regulations to follow...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phon

What is the name of your state? CA
My concern of public health issues regarding me being the victim. do i consult for legal advice....or should someone advise me with specific detailed instructions to follow-up? specifically, the state of California county officials have violated my treatment for an emergency after consuming contaminated water containing particles that seem to look glue-like and after the consumption and unaware of such work was being worked on from the county licensed city plumbing worker.

quincy

My concern of public health issues regarding me being the victim. do i consult for legal advice....or should someone advise me with specific detailed instructions to follow-up? specifically, the state of California county officials have violated my treatment for an emergency after consuming contaminated water containing particles that seem to look glue-like and after the consumption and unaware of such work was being worked on from the county licensed city plumbing worker.
Your post is a little hard to understand. You drank contaminated water unaware that it was not safe to drink, and you believe that the water department is at fault for not notifying you of the contamination?

Was the water you consumed from faucets in your house?

Just Blue

In addition to Quincy's questions, would you please clarify how "county officials violated" your treatment? In what way did they do that?

quincy

California has a Human Right to Water Act that is getting more attention in recent days as California wrestles with ways to pay for clean water access for all residents.

Those who are familiar with the "Flint Water Crisis" know what can happen when state government chooses to ignore contaminated drinking water. The US Supreme Court has given Flint, Michigan, residents (plaintiffs in two class action suits) the right to sue local and state officials (including former Michigan Governor Rick Snyder) over the water contamination that has already been linked to 12 deaths.

The California State Water Resources Control Board reviewed data that shows many in California must rely on bottled water for drinking and bathing due to the high levels of uranium, arsenic and nitrates in the water supplies.

The California State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Drinking Water, places the responsibility of providing notice to consumers of unsafe drinking water on the water suppliers. Here is a link to a 2018 "Unsafe Water Guidance" document from the Water Board on consumer warnings:
https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/drinking_water/certlic/drinkingwater/documents/notices/PWS etc Unsafe Water Guidance.pdf
If you drank contaminated water because you were not properly notified of known contamination, you can speak to an attorney in your area to see if you (and perhaps other residents) have any legal action to pursue.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This sounds like unexpected contamination caused by up-system repairs or maintenance.

quincy

This sounds like unexpected contamination caused by up-system repairs or maintenance.
I agree - but since I know phon read the questions asked by me and Just Blue and has not yet responded to them, I thought I would "go large" with my latest post.

Regardless of whether this is a large or small contamination problem, phon (and other affected residents) should have been given notice that the water would not be safe for drinking.

In Michigan, "boil water" alerts are issued when there are water main breaks or excessive rain water puts a strain on the sewage systems, so residents know the water is, at least temporarily, unsafe to drink.

That is, these alerts are issued when the state government is not trying to hide the fact that they are knowingly poisoning the residents. ;)

Eekamouse

And did you get sick and have to be treated for the sickness by a doctor?

quincy

It sure sounds like phon was the victim of some sort of health issue caused by his consumption of contaminated water. It would be nice if he would return to offer some clarification.

justalayman

It sure sounds like phon was the victim of some sort of health issue caused by his consumption of contaminated water. It would be nice if he would return to offer some clarification.
I’m thinking that if somebody drinks water that has visible foreign objects in it, claiming it was entirely the fault of somebody else might be difficult.

Additionally, it appears phon’s complaint stems more from the county somehow interfering with his treatment. I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that unless one is incarcerated, there is a zero chance anybody could successfully prevent phon from seeking treatment.

And if most people saw what the inside of a municipal water system looks like, they would likely not ever drink water drawn from them again. Heck, hasn’t anybody seen a hydrant flushing? Be there when it’s first opened.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
And if most people saw what the inside of a municipal water system looks like, they would likely not ever drink water drawn from them again.
Yet most studies I've seen indicate that, on the whole, tap water is generally no worse than bottled water and in a lot of cases may actually be better than some bottled water. The Mayo Clinic has a short article that makes that point. Those who drink bottled water over tap thinking it's better for them may be fooling themselves. Sure, if there is a known problem with the tap water you may need bottled water. But absent that, tap may be just as a good, and costs you a whole lot less (and leaves the environment a lot less plastic to deal with).

quincy

Yet most studies I've seen indicate that, on the whole, tap water is generally no worse than bottled water and in a lot of cases may actually be better than some bottled water. The Mayo Clinic has a short article that makes that point. Those who drink bottled water over tap thinking it's better for them may be fooling themselves. Sure, if there is a known problem with the tap water you may need bottled water. But absent that, tap may be just as a good, and costs you a whole lot less (and leaves the environment a lot less plastic to deal with).
Here is a link to a Consumers Report article (updated May 3, 2019) written by Ryan Felton on the safety of bottled water versus tap water. In many cases, the only difference between the two is the price. In some cases, tap water is safer.

https://www.consumerreports.org/water-quality/arsenic-in-some-bottled-water-brands-at-unsafe-levels/

phon

Yes in fact, vomited and nausea has occurred after drinking the water with blue substance.

And the water was not consumed in faucet home but on the property of county located in California.

quincy

Yes in fact, vomited and nausea has occurred after drinking the water with blue substance.

And the water was not consumed in faucet home but on the property of county located in California.
Thank you for the additional information, phon.

I hope you saw a doctor. You need medical proof to back up any claims of illness connected to contaminated water. In addition, you need proof (a test) that the water was actually contaminated with a harmful substance.

I am not sure what you mean by "property of county located in California." Did you drink water from a public water fountain? Were there signs warning of work on the pipes?

As a note, if you only suffered brief nausea and have had no lasting effects, you (probably) have no legal action worth pursuing, even if your experience can support a complaint and, perhaps, an investigation by the county into the incident.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">