• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can the opposing party's attorney sue me for cursing at him/her ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 696880
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 696880

What is the name of your state? TEXAS.

This is a family custody case, the other party's attorney is being a real j*** and is irritating me, I am pro-se. I have just filed a nonsuit, I was the petitioner, and the case will be closed in a few weeks.
Can this attorney sue me for telling him to F*** off ?

quincy

This is a family custody case, the other party's attorney is being a real j*** and is irritating me, I am pro-se. I have just filed a nonsuit, I was the petitioner, and the case will be closed in a few weeks.
Probably not successfully.

Just Blue

I can not stress enough that you NEED to control yourself in court and with opposing counsel and their client. By losing control like you did is really shooting yourself in the foot regarding your case.

D

Deleted member 696880

I can not stress enough that you NEED to control yourself in court and with opposing counsel and their client. By losing control like you did is really shooting yourself in the foot regarding your case.
No I would not curse at the attorney in court, I would most likely do it in writing (email or letter), I just wanted to ask if it was unlawful to do that or not, as I know one can be arrested and charged for cursing at a police officer, I was wondering if those rules apply to attorneys as well or not ?

Just Blue

No I would not curse at the attorney in court, I would most likely do it in writing (email or letter), I just wanted to ask if it was unlawful to do that or not, as I know one can be arrested and charged for cursing at a police officer, I was wondering if those rules apply to attorneys as well or not ?
Telling someone to f off is not illegal. Writing the attorney and telling him/her to f off is a really self destructive thing to do. Seriously...don't give written evidence that you are a reactive and angry parent. The attorney is doing their job...it's not his/her fault that they are better at litigation than you are. If you are having difficulties with your case, you should likely hire an attorney.

D

Deleted member 696880

Telling someone to f off is not illegal. Writing the attorney and telling him/her to f off is a really self destructive thing to do. Seriously...don't give written evidence that you are a reactive and angry parent. The attorney is doing their job...it's not his/her fault that they are better at litigation than you are. If you are having difficulties with your case, you should likely hire an attorney.
The attorney is not just "doing his job", he is threatening with all kinds of actions and being purposely provocative, which is not necessary.
Anyway, thank you for your advice !

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Great! Documented and admissible! Make it easier for the lawyer to show that you might be unstable and in need of a psych eval!

Maybe you can make yourself look bad enough that you will at best get supervised vistitation.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The attorney cannot sue you for telling him to eff off.

Telling the attorney to eff off can cause you to lose your case.

I don't know how to make it any more clear than that.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And yes, he is doing his job. His job is to win the case for his client. If he can get you to make yourself look bad and as a result your ex wins, he's done his job.

Just Blue

The attorney is not just "doing his job", he is threatening with all kinds of actions and being purposely provocative, which is not necessary.
Anyway, thank you for your advice !
Ad if you truly knew what you were doing, you could do the same. If the attorney is not violating the law or the Canon's of Ethics then s/he is doing a good job for their client.

Do not tell the attorney to f off. If you do you will lose your custody/support case.

D

Deleted member 696880

Great! Documented and admissible! Make it easier for the lawyer to show that you might be unstable and in need of a psych eval!

Maybe you can make yourself look bad enough that you will at best get supervised vistitation.
Great idea, thanks ! I will keep that in mind ! Thank you for the constructive, courteous & polite advice/input. And thank you for being so friendly, I can tell you fit right in the category of attorneys I was just referring to. Your input is extremely helpful. The sarcasm is really appropriate.
By the you misspelled "visitation"

LdiJ

Great idea, thanks ! I will keep that in mind ! Thank you for the constructive, courteous & polite advice/input. And thank you for being so friendly, I can tell you fit right in the category of attorneys I was just referring to. Your input is extremely helpful. The sarcasm is really appropriate.
By the you misspelled "visitation"
People are just trying to make it as clear as possible that what you want to do is a terrible idea. Its not going to make your life any better and there is a really good chance it will make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">